• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 24-26, 2015, It's Never To Early.

237 posts in this topic

C2E2 should have a talk with him. Bad form. Not so much for raising the price but advertising it on C2E2's site. Some people attend shows for exclusives. I don't know about the US but I'm quite certain the con would be responsible for offering compensation.

I know a bunch of people that say Baltimore and Wizard World Chicago are great cons for buying. How has this con stacked up in that category?

I know a bunch of people that say Baltimore and Wizard World Chicago are great cons for buying. How has this con stacked up in that category?

I don't think it was good but

1 - i was on a limited budget

2 - i thought most of the hype books were over priced already, however like all shows there is still some gems here and there

3 - it all depends on what you are looking to buy.

personally i like to see some trends at cons vs what i see on the boards vs what's going on ebay

Also Heroes and Amazing Arizona.

Prices were "up there" on a lot of comics, but some people were gladly paying it.

A couple guys behind me were blown away with a Harley Quinn Valentine's Day comic (regular cover) they bought for around $30; were talking about immediately taking it over to CGC -- so they had some idea about comics. I also saw another customer buy an American Vampire #1 for $40 or so (again, regular cover).

One dealer had boxes and boxes of "high grade" comics (the label says 9.0-9.8). The fun part: none of them were priced, so you had to ask him about each one, but even that wasn't enough. He would look at it and say: "I can take it out and look at it; if it's a 9.8 it will be $50; $25 for 9.4". What kind of pricing is that? Not to mention one comic I pulled out (Micronauts #8) was about a F/VF in his "high grade" box. Pass.

Similar to Hector I go to see what has caught on and is promoted to a wall book (X-Factor #24; Omega Men #3), as well as wall books I had no idea were wall books (Power Man #17?).

I never go to the larger shows for big purchases, so that's not what I came away with. A good stack of under the radar comics or totally overlooked ones.

However, I cannot stress enough -- and I still ignore this advice -- always check out the comic before you buy, unless you're okay with losing money.

I bought a nice-looking SS #27 in really good shape; didn't notice until I went to grade it that it's a reprint. Can also happen with defects on the back of the book. Bought an awesome Captain Action #1; flipped it over and saw serious foxing.

Not huge losses, but money I could have spent elsewhere.

I liked this better than last Fall Wizard World Chicago. I got to talk w Frank Barbieri, Matt Kindt, Robbie Rodriguez, Katie Cook, and many more. I ended buying 5 signed posters which is a high for me. I finally rem to bring bags and boards and a bag to carry the treasures.

Been a great show so far. I bought a round of drinks and hungnout with Snyder, jock, and tynion last night. Complete awesomeness. And to top it off here is my nick dragotta sketch, thanks Felix/Nexus!!! You and your guys are the best, even my second favorite nick ;)

<a  href=IMG_20150425_183725_zpsouth17vq.jpg' alt

C2E2 is a pop culture show. It is not a comic buying show.

I would completely disagree with this. Practically every major dealer is at the show. Many, many smaller guys and local stores as well. I would estimate there are at least 50 - 60 booths which the majority of there inventory is comics.

I am doing great so far and so are most of the other dealers that I have spoken too.