• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade DD#1 for FF#1 ?

37 posts in this topic

a trade opportunity came up for a FF#1 cgc 2.5 OW. Other party wants my DD #1 cgc 7.5 OW/W. Sorry no pics out of respect for the other party, but it's decent copy with a little bit of marvel chipping and no tape. Does this feel like an equal trade?

FF #1 is the start of the Marvel era. To many, that book is a big grail. If that's the case for you, I guess I would retract what I said earlier and do it. If it's for solely for investment, I'd keep the DD #1 - much higher grade with a lot more room to increase in value. If it's a wash and :juggle: -- DD #1. (thumbs u

You should go with your personal preference. The "potential" for DD is all about whether Marvel decides use the movie rights they got back. But the fact that they got those rights back says a lot about the perception of the character. You don't see Fox and Sony letting Fantastic Four, X-Men, or Spider-Man rights go back.

I would not get the DD banking on a big return due to future success on the big screen. The FF 1 is simply a classic Marvel silver age and it will never lose that status.

Having said all that I would only do it if the FF1 2.5 presents well for the grade.

I think you have time to save for the FF #1 it's a steady book that will go up but won't have huge spikes at that grade. The DD is a nice mid grade and could spike and worth hanging on to. And as as rule mid to higher grades increase faster in price. FF 1 is always going to be a grail. DD 1 is way undervalued and in time will be known as a grail.

Keep the DD 1 and buy the FF 1. :sumo:

This was my first thoughts too, keep what you have and save up for an FF#1

I gotta go with my buds on this one ,again. (thumbs u

I concur !!!

I'm in too. If you sell the D.D. #1, then you have to eventually go after another copy, and probably at a higher price. Take you're time, there are plenty of F.F.'s out there, and hang on to the D.D. book, you'll regret selling it.