• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oakland Sub-Mariner's on Pedigree?

9 posts in this topic

but is it the chicken or the egg? I mean, it feels slow, but is that because theres nothing special for sale right now? or because no on eis buying the good stuff thats sitting there??

If in this case, Doug put the Subbys for sale, would they sell to the Subby customers even though its "a slow period"? or sit there for that reason until January or whenever/

but is it the chicken or the egg? I mean, it feels slow, but is that because theres nothing special for sale right now? or because no on eis buying the good stuff thats sitting there??

I think we may be at a point of collector price resistance and general slowdown in high priced buying in this hobby. The slowdown isn't just on Doug's site. EBay has also witnessed lower sales and some of the recent high grade/slabbed Heritage sales have been low.

Personally, I think this slowdown will continue well into next year and possibly get worse unless there's some catalyst to boost buying. What that catalyst might be though is hard to grasp.

But to get back on topic, I'd sell the Subby's now vs. later. I don't think the movie will make that much of a difference (if it's made at all/seems like a weak property to be honest) and there will be hi-grade Subbys coming out of the woodwork. Most all issues in the run being part of the MH2 find will do that...

Jim

Just wanted to echo Chips' sentiments that I did indeed have a change of heart. I will sell them pretty soon anyway, as my new house is almost ready and the extra cash will be needed, but I was perusing through these covers and the collector portion of my brain won out over the buying a new house portion. I really hadn't looked at these books in a while and they are so fresh and nice that I got cold feet.

Just wait. Soon enough I'll need to list them. It won't have anything to do with movie considerations or market timing, just when the bill for the window treatments comes in!!

I'll make an announcement on my site as well as on the boards when I'm going to list them. As a replacement, I've got 100 new high grade Silver Marvels (a few Bronze) to list the next week so check out my site and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Doug

If in this case, Doug put the Subbys for sale, would they sell to the Subby customers even though its "a slow period"? or sit there for that reason until January or whenever/

Well I would consider myself a Subby customer but I think I will be in a much better position to buy these in the new year than I am right now.