• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey whered that great Identity Crisi thread go???

50 posts in this topic

Well, this is as good a place as any to get the discussion back on track.

Spoiler Warning for Flash #216.

Turns out the person mentoring Boomerang Jr. is not the Calculator, but instead Paul Gambi, the Rogues Gallery's tailor (not making that up-- it's a holdover from the Silver Age Flash). So that takes away one aspect of the Calculator as the one "who benefits." It also now looks like the whole Boomerang Jr. subplot is completely disconnected from the main Identity Crisis mystery.

Now, going back to Identity Crisis #1, I'm just looking to see who has no alibi for Sue's murder. But in doing so, I noticed something for the first time: In the "1 hour from now" meeting between the Atom and Jean Loring, right after they get word of Sue's death, Jean says "Take me with you." How do they leave? By both travelling back through the phone lines together. 893whatthe.gif

This means either:

a) The Atom can carry people or things with him when he shrinks (so the bit about the flame-thrower showing up at Sue's place can be explained);

...or...

b) Jean can independently shrink down using the Atom's technology.

Either way, Jean or the Atom are back center-stage as prime suspects. But I'm still bothered why Jean would run the risk of scheduling a meeting with the Atom at the same time she would be committing a murder! frustrated.gif

Kevin:

Um, can't say too much... let's say that for reasons that must remain vague at the moment (please don't guess why for now flamed.gif) the thread had to be taken off by the mods. I found out about it yesterday and I completely understand why it had to be done.

I'm trying to see if the mods can return it in a slightly abridged form because it was a great thread, but with Thanksgiving and all this week it might take some time. sorry.gif

OK, now that issue # 7 is out, and all the cards are on the table...

Why was the thread deleted?!?

I PM'd Arch a few minutes ago (before your above post). Haven't heard anything though.

Why was someone's job on the line???? Did someone say something wrong? I don't get it??? The entire thread was just 'fanboy speculation' wasn't it?