• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's the best Female Character in Comics to "read"?

67 posts in this topic

So MY friend whose a girl at my job,who happens to know I'm a Comic fan(nerd lol)says shes interested in reading Comics but she asked "whats a good girl character to read something good not cheesy"so I started thinking What is a good female character to read in comics who's had nothing but good runs/Story Arcs I could think of a couple but not many.I mean I could think of many real hot ones that are drawn really nice(Elektra,Psylocke for example oh yeah!lol) but that would be sexist and off subject(or would it?hehe :devil:) So My question is "Who's the best Female Character in Comics to read"(and please post pictures if you'd like for research purposes of course lol)

I always liked Ms Marvel personally. There have been so many comics for the "big name" women do there are bound to be duds when your looking for older issue runs.

Personally I like the Birds of Prey and Supergirl New 52 runs. With that said, Batgirls New 52 is also good, and I've heard nothing but praise for the New 52 Wonder Woman. Gosh, I guess any New 52 female driven book is good!!!

I always liked Ms Marvel personally. There have been so many comics for the "big name" women do there are bound to be duds when your looking for older issue runs.

Personally I like the Birds of Prey and Supergirl New 52 runs. With that said, Batgirls New 52 is also good, and I've heard nothing but praise for the New 52 Wonder Woman. Gosh, I guess any New 52 female driven book is good!!!

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about batgirl and wonder womans new 52 runs

Rat Queens duh head. Seriously Rat Queens is awesome. Funny, violent and well written with 4 girls that rock. Check out their facebook here.

https://www.facebook.com/RatQueens

Maybe Anna Mercury by Warren Ellis? I thought it was cool as hell. The first mini was 5 issues and the second mini was unfinished :( with only 2 or 3 out of what should've been 5 issues. So yeah if you can borrow it or find it cheap or maybe library check it out. Anna kicks all sorts of

^some really good suggestions Rat queens and wet moon it is lol

Wet Moon is so well written and the art is sick. Got a few OA pages. Books are available on ebay

Fables

Sandman (I've heard this one is popular with female readers)

Saga

Ms.Marvel (the new one)

New 52 Wonder Woman (I really like this one)

X-23 (this one is a long shot,but I really liked all the solo & mini-series )

I'm not a fan of how Marvel is handling the "new" Ms Marvel. I didn't think it would have a chance, but apparently it's good?

Fables

Sandman (I've heard this one is popular with female readers)

Saga

Ms.Marvel (the new one)

New 52 Wonder Woman (I really like this one)

X-23 (this one is a long shot,but I really liked all the solo & mini-series )

I'm not a fan of how Marvel is handling the "new" Ms Marvel. I didn't think it would have a chance, but apparently it's good?

From what I've heard,it's pretty good.