• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 1, X-Men 1, Amazing Fantasy 15, Avengers 4, JIM 85

44 posts in this topic

The bolded part below sounds familiar - I remember the same misspelling from past fraudulent auctions.

"I RAN OUT OF CHARACTERS, SO I COULD NOT LIST 1962 INCREDIBLE HULK. THAT IS WHY THAT PICTURE IS FIRST. THESE COMICS ARE FROM A ESTTE SALE AND ARE IN GREAT SHAPE. I AM NOT A COMIC GRADER. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN BAGGED AND BOARDED WERE IN A COMIC BOX. ALL THE COMICS HAVE OFF WHITE PAGES BUT BINDING IS GOOD ALL PAGES IN TACK. NO TEARING. THE ONLY ONE THAT IS A LITTLE FRAYED AROUND THE COVER IS X-MEN AS YOU CAN SEE FROM PICTURE. THESE ARE NOT GRADED BUT IN GREAT SHAPE. ANY COLLECTOR WILL BE MORE THEN EXCITED TO GET THESE. I ALSO HAVE POSTED A LOT OF SUPERMAN COMICS AND HAVE A LOT OF X-MEN COMING AND FANTASTIC FOUR. HAPPY BIDDING THANKS FOR LOOKING ITEM WILL SHIP WHEN PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND CLEARED"

Made an account just to comment on this auction. Looks like this recent ebay auction is where the hulk 1 scan comes from. http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-1-1962-Lee-Kirby-First-Appearance-of-Hulk-/151274488013?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2338a980cd&nma=true&si=MSVTH%252F%252B0144K9T%252B0yI0jll5WHUg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You can see also that the high bidder there doesn't look like the same as the seller on this new auction.

Ebay buyer protection, these books don't go on the market at this price that often
is this your auction?

Wish I had those books

So does the seller

This

Made an account just to comment on this auction. Looks like this recent ebay auction is where the hulk 1 scan comes from. http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-1-1962-Lee-Kirby-First-Appearance-of-Hulk-/151274488013?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2338a980cd&nma=true&si=MSVTH%252F%252B0144K9T%252B0yI0jll5WHUg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You can see also that the high bidder there doesn't look like the same as the seller on this new auction.

+ 1 that is the hulk book for sure... What a scam...

Every picture has a different background.

I know that if I take a picture of the front cover of my raw Hulk #1 in the kitchen, I'm definitely going to take the back cover photo in the living room.

^^

This is the first thing I noticed too. Huge red flag that they all have different backgrounds.

Bids up to $8300

I was feeling bad for buyer but-if you can't tell a page supposedly from an old comics is not newsprint but bright white slick reprint paper, well, you shouldn't be collecting comics and if you hadn't got ripped off on this it would have been on something else...

Welcome to the boards!

That's a hell of a deal if this sale was legit but they seller couldn't take pics but had to find 'stock' photos.

He managed to have photos up of all the other items he's sold or is selling, so I'd say that's highly unlikely.

That's a hell of a deal if this sale was legit but they seller couldn't take pics but had to find 'stock' photos.

He managed to have photos up of all the other items he's sold or is selling, so I'd say that's highly unlikely.

I didn't say it was even remotely possible, but IMAGE THE DEALS FROM THIS ESTTE