• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 cgc 9.6 on ebay....

33 posts in this topic

Ok here's the deal. We get 35,000 board members to put up $10 each to buy the book. We can then say that "we co -own the MMC 1." We might have difficulties in making decisions such as, where do we keep it? Perhaps we can move it around so each member has it for a day or two. thinking about it the last person wouldn't see the book for 70,000 days or 191 years. Hopefully you'll still remember that the book was partially your's. Do you think everyone will wait? Having so many owners might create other problems with decision making. Suppose 17,501 want the book broken out of the casing and pressed? Will a simple majority suffice? Maybe we should invite Borock into the club and then have the book sent in for regrading. Imagine what another tick might do for the pricing?

Didn't The Simpsons do that episode too? sign-funnypost.gif

I was just cruising ebay and watched the last seconds tick off on the ASM 1 9.6... no snipes... Derholtz wins at $110,100. Not a terribly excitib=ng price.... think the sale will be consummated this time?

Will be interesting to see. Still some strange shenanigans going on, though. The high bidder for a while had been "marcusandrews", and now suddenly all his bids are gone. confused.gif

I was just cruising ebay and watched the last seconds tick off on the ASM 1 9.6... no snipes... Derholtz wins at $110,100. Not a terribly excitib=ng price.... think the sale will be consummated this time?

Will be interesting to see. Still some strange shenanigans going on, though. The high bidder for a while had been "marcusandrews", and now suddenly all his bids are gone. confused.gif

Thrill bidder who cancelled before the 12 hour window went into effect! gossip.gif

so why dont any of the real BSDs want this book? 110K is an okay price... is there a backstory about this copy that makes it an undesirable 9.6??

It used to have a label comment of "light tanning interior cover"

so why dont any of the real BSDs want this book? 110K is an okay price... is there a backstory about this copy that makes it an undesirable 9.6??

Did it say that when it sold on Heritage for $150K?

The book last sold for around $92,000 to JP a few years ago. Actually, I believe that this copy never had the notation regarding any tanning. One of the CGC 9.4 Amazing Fantasy 15 copies that JP once owned had the notation of " Slight tanning edges of interior front and back cover". That book was initially won by JP at the 2000 Sotheby's auction. There was an Spidey 1 from the same collection sold at that auction but it was a 9.2 with cream to off-white pages with the same notation. However, you could clearly see the tanning on that book. My scanner is down so I can't provide any scans at the moment. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It didn't sell to that doctor on Heritage, did it? I can't find it in their archives, and I had heard it sold privately to that doctor who did end up re-selling it for $92K on Heritage.

I heard the label note was removed prior to it selling to the doctor for $150K

It didn't sell to that doctor on Heritage, did it? I can't find it in their archives, and I had heard it sold privately to that doctor who did end up re-selling it for $92K on Heritage.

I heard the label note was removed prior to it selling to the doctor for $150K

Sorry, you're right, I'm getting myself confused. It sold in a private deal via Josh Nathanson for $150K to the doctor, and the doctor then sold it on Heritage for $92K. Interesting, didn't think CGC was supposed to remove "substantive" notations like interior tanning, just comments about the outside of a book which a buyer could see for themselves. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Interesting, didn't think CGC was supposed to remove "substantive" notations like interior tanning, just comments about the outside of a book which a buyer could see for themselves. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Okay, never mind, Greggy cleared this one up. No ammunition for conspiracy theory freaks here.

How many BSD do you think actually pay over a $100K for a SA book?

My guess is it's more than 10 but less than 20. And of those, how many a collectors (i.e. not a dealer just looking to sell the book). Maybe half.

So were talking about 5-10 in this world right now who are willing to buy a big book like that for their collection.

That's not really a lot considering all the reasons they might not want / need the book.