• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Trivia Game Oh-Fishy-Al Thread!

951 posts in this topic

Ok, today's scores:

FlyingDonut - 10 (Welcome!)

Maloney - 9

Plantman - 7 (with a STRONG showing!)

MediumLover - 2

For a running tally of:

Maloney - 23

Medium Lover - 11

FlyingDonut - 10

Plantman - 8

Bunky Brian - 7

Ken Aldred - 2

Thanks all! Hope you had fun!

Dani Moonstone is a character who first appeared in what title?

I am still protesting this question. You have already posed some tricky questions, and therefore I (and presumably others) assumed you did not mean Dani Moonstar when we read the question.

Also, in the interest of fairness, I think MediumLover should get the point for Captain Marvel instead of me. If I had written out the more accurate answer of "Captain Marvel", then he would have beaten me by one or two seconds.

Dani Moonstone is a character who first appeared in what title?

I am still protesting this question. You have already posed some tricky questions, and therefore I (and presumably others) assumed you did not mean Dani Moonstar when we read the question.

Also, in the interest of fairness, I think MediumLover should get the point for Captain Marvel instead of me. If I had written out the more accurate answer of "Captain Marvel", then he would have beaten me by one or two seconds.

Ah...I see where the issue is.

I wrote "Moonstone", rather than "Moonstar", and didn't catch it (and neither, apparently, did anybody else but you.)

It was a transposition error: I meant "Moonstar", but wrote "Moonstone", while "Moonstar" was what was in my mind, and thus, what I saw and read.

In the future, if everyone could explain the error clearly when it comes up, that would clear it up sooner, rather than later. My apologies, as it was an honest error (and one easily missed, clearly.) Even Jeopardy makes errors every now and again. ;)

As for Shazam, I accept the answer as it stands.

Well, I'm having fun reading the responses. Kinda like watching Jeopardy on DVR.

I wonder if "The Goonies" or "Bronze Age X-Men" has ever been a Jeopardy! category.

I am glad this is not Jeopardy!, because I would be -$4000 or so right now.