• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 Test Your Grading Skills Against CGC

42 posts in this topic

Wow - a 9.4 with all the back cover ticks and wear. I had it as:

Same as in the grading contest - 1 correct and the other ones off just enough to keep me out of the running. Nice books by the way!

I think it might be time to break these out of their CGC Holders and Re-Grade them. One of the 9.6's was graded in 2004, the other 9.6 was graded in 2007. The 9.4 was graded in 2009. The 3 Raw Copies are also really sharp.

Spiderman300_zpsdfff12db.jpg

Those are some Very Nice Grades!! I came really close with my predictions overall I had the Grades Right for all 3 books but I had the grades for the A and B copies switched.

I've been saying this for months now I think CGC has become very Lenient on Grading Amazing Spider-Man #300's than they were in the past.

Here's a copy of my Original Prediction.

A. 9.4

B. 9.2

C. 9.6

The only reason I graded these so high is because to me it seems like CGC has become very lenient with this particular Comic.

I would normally grade these issues at:

A. 8.5

B. 8.0

C. 9.4

I'm a really big fan of this Comic and I've purchased 6 CGC 9.6's within the past 3 months and I returned 5 of them because they all had color breaking spine ticks, corner dings, non color breaking creases, all of these flaws were really visible from outside the slab.

2 of them had at least a 1/4" color breaking spine crease on them and one of the 2 had a color breaking corner ding on the back cover.

One thing I noticed on all 5 of the ones I returned they were all graded within the last 4 months. The only 9.6 that I didn't send back it was graded back in 2004.

Again, this is just my opinion but I feel like CGC has become extremely lenient with this Comic.