• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rare golden age comics titles

51 posts in this topic

Maybe, but you mentioned using this as a list to bring with you instead of carrying overstreet with you, and to me it would make sense to have minimum acceptable condition component to the list as well.

so how do you suggest I do it? can you give some examples?

Lets say for Captain Science #4 (I like this book) anything 9.4 and up RAW or 9.0 CGC is worth over $1k, etc, etc, etc and have a column for RAW and CGC value if that is what you are after. You could not do this for series runs per say but for individual titles. Good luck! (thumbs u

Maybe, but you mentioned using this as a list to bring with you instead of carrying overstreet with you, and to me it would make sense to have minimum acceptable condition component to the list as well.

so how do you suggest I do it? can you give some examples?

Lets say for Captain Science #4 (I like this book) anything 9.4 and up RAW or 9.0 CGC is worth over $1k, etc, etc, etc and have a column for RAW and CGC value if that is what you are after. You could not do this for series runs per say but for individual titles. Good luck! (thumbs u

okay so like this right? action comics #252 cgc graded 1.0 and up raw 2.5 and up is that right? so what do I do if there are a lot of valuable comic books even in low grades like detective comics or action comics?

I cannot work out if you are a troll, 12 years old, or (my pick) both.

You have started the same "information seeking" thread in "Silver Age".

Why? Do you think you'll find some vastly underpriced comic at a Convention, eBay, here or Local Comic Store?

Lottery wins are better odds.

Do you collect? What do you collect? Show the Boards some of your books. What artists or characters interest you? Titles? Genres?

Right now you are presenting as extremely odd.

And this is on a comic collecting Chat Board.

Here's a big tip.

If it is a 10c cover price book - or 12c - and you can get it for less than cover you are on your way to comic dealing success.

Because I have a feeling you won't be hanging on to any of them.

My 10c

Ed, we are encouraging the enthusiasm of a new collector....

:idea:

In that case, let's not forget these 'must have' titles:

The Crypt of Terror

Tales from the Crypt

The Vault of Horror

The Haunt of Fear

Weird Fantasy

Weird Science

Crime SuspenStories

Two-Fisted Tales

Frontline Combat

Shock SuspenStories

Mad

Weird Science-Fantasy

Crime Patrol

War Against Crime!

Incredible Science Fiction

Shock Illustrated

International Crime Patrol

Happy Houlihans

Moon Girl

I cannot work out if you are a troll, 12 years old, or (my pick) both.

You have started the same "information seeking" thread in "Silver Age".

Why? Do you think you'll find some vastly underpriced comic at a Convention, eBay, here or Local Comic Store?

Lottery wins are better odds.

Do you collect? What do you collect? Show the Boards some of your books. What artists or characters interest you? Titles? Genres?

Right now you are presenting as extremely odd.

And this is on a comic collecting Chat Board.

Here's a big tip.

If it is a 10c cover price book - or 12c - and you can get it for less than cover you are on your way to comic dealing success.

Because I have a feeling you won't be hanging on to any of them.

My 10c

no I'm not a troll, I don't really collect anything comic book related yet because I don't really know what I like myself to be honest but here's a start to what I like to read: archie, spiderman and fantastic four. I thought I'd like thor because the marvel movies were great but when he started talking Shakespeare I'm like...nope I'm done the movies were better lol. As for artists I don't really have a favorite unless you count carl banks and the art he did with uncle scrooge. Do I think I'm going to find something underpriced? yes I found really good deals but people usually beat me to it and as for the reason why I want a list I want to have something handy when looking for key issue books because the os price guide is a mess and not really much help unless you already know what you're looking for!

hope that answers your questions

I'm just trying to male things simpler for me because I have a learning disability and having the key issues as pics with a title of what they are is fine to me!

Ed, we are encouraging the enthusiasm of a new collector....

:idea:

In that case, let's not forget these 'must have' titles:

The Crypt of Terror

Tales from the Crypt

The Vault of Horror

The Haunt of Fear

Weird Fantasy

Weird Science

Crime SuspenStories

Two-Fisted Tales

Frontline Combat

Shock SuspenStories

Mad

Weird Science-Fantasy

Crime Patrol

War Against Crime!

Incredible Science Fiction

Shock Illustrated

International Crime Patrol

Happy Houlihans

Moon Girl

wow thanks for the awesome list

wow thanks for the awesome list

You're welcome.

:preach: Just remember...if you see the following logo on the cover, the book comes from the greatest publisher in the history of comics:

eccirlelogo.gif

lol thanks I'll remember that

This is rare:

YBHPiuzh.jpg

Surely not so sought after and collected, but almost as surely not easy to find (it’s a series of four, I seem to recall from 1944).

no I'm not a troll, I don't really collect anything comic book related yet because I don't really know what I like myself to be honest but here's a start to what I like to read: archie, spiderman and fantastic four. I thought I'd like thor because the marvel movies were great but when he started talking Shakespeare I'm like...nope I'm done the movies were better lol. As for artists I don't really have a favorite unless you count carl banks and the art he did with uncle scrooge. Do I think I'm going to find something underpriced? yes I found really good deals but people usually beat me to it and as for the reason why I want a list I want to have something handy when looking for key issue books because the os price guide is a mess and not really much help unless you already know what you're looking for!

(tsk)