• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Evil Ernie - not the comic - Ernie himself

11 posts in this topic

So, this is a unique piece. At one point, we owned Chaos! Comics. We attempted to resurrect the characters in 2005. Part of the relaunch was a booth presence at San Diego that year. The main attraction in the Chaos! booth was a life size Evil Ernie (other than the scantily clad real-life Chastity, but I digress). We had the face, chest and hands sculpted for us by a costume designer who happened to be a Chaos fan. Ernie was made out of a rubber-like material over skeleton. Hands are included, but not in the pic. Ernie did not have legs as he was housed in a cardboard Chaos coffin and could only be viewed from the waist up. The coffin is not in great shape, but can be included as well.

Asking $300 plus shipping from Georgia. Will charge exact shipping to your location.

Not sure why I can't get photobucket to rotate the photo. It is correct when I upload it, but not when I link to it.

Ernie_zps3f212986.jpg

At one point, we owned Chaos! Comics.

:o

Yeah, I'd be interested to hear that story. :popcorn:

Short version is we bought it in a bankruptcy auction (more fun that you might think). Partnered with Devil's Due. Worked with some great creators. Made some mistakes. Had some fun. Learned a lot. Talked with Hollywood. Had Gene Simmons' home number for a while :) . Licensed some product (Autozone and Matco Tools of all places). Sold the assets to Dynamite Entertainment and the Catholic church :o . Basically broke even and moved on.

I just told my brother, who has over 40 masks, and if he hadn't just bought a mold for himself, he would have picked this up. This piece is Sick. Great stuff man and cool story. Sounds like a wild ride.