• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Answer from CGC.........

1,346 posts in this topic

Your weak arguement ealier implied that CGC's grading costs were 100% stable, while the examples I gave weren't.

That's why I recommended you BUY a Wizard mag, LOOK OVER the ads that the adults have been talking about, and then COME BACK when you know a thing or two about the conversation at hand.

Wizard Jan 2005 page 75 ans page 160

111.jpg112.jpg

Thanks for the scans Jim and RS. Yup, a typical "get rich quick" scheme. I don't like it, but I don't blame CGC for capitalizing on it. Not only that, but the ads are not even untrue. You CAN submit your books, and if you are a good enough pre-screener yourself, and if you get lucky, you CAN reap those same awards. Unfortunately I think these ads work best for the inexperienced that do not have those skills. I imagine what happens is these youngens send in their books, and end up with 9.0s, 9.2s and some 9.4s if they are lucky. But I bet they learn from it.

I am sure you will have many questions after this has been posted and I will try to answer some of the ones I can over the weekend.

Have a great weekend,

Steve

juggle.gif And we wait... and wait... and wait...

Your weak arguement ealier implied that CGC's grading costs were 100% stable, while the examples I gave weren't.

That's why I recommended you BUY a Wizard mag, LOOK OVER the ads that the adults have been talking about, and then COME BACK when you know a thing or two about the conversation at hand.

Wizard Jan 2005 page 75 ans page 160

111.jpg112.jpg

Thanks for putting up 2 new scans I don't have. I'll add them to my Sig line thumbsup2.gif

And you're not listening to the facts...which seems to be a bad habit of yours. Are you going to answer the questions I've asked...or keep dodging them like a 6 year old that's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar? Again...why don't you enlighten all of us and tell us how CGC's prices have been 100 percent stable/fixed since their inception? Hmmmm? Why don't you tell us all about that? The fact is, you really don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

and in the adds they never show any old comics just modern [#@$%!!!].

That's not what Farkus said, and he uses Action #1 as an example of a CGC before and after ad.

Really? Why don't you quote the post where I said that? Either that, or you could just admit you're lying and don't really have a clue.

And I'm still waiting for you to enlighten all of us on the exact "fixed cost" of grading a copy of Action #1. I'm also still waiting to see if you ACTUALLY think CGC's prices....or ANY businesses prices....are 100% stable. Do you really think that...or are you just too embarrased to admit that you have no business sense at all?

Remember what I said about some people in here just gritching for gritchings sake?....take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Thanks for putting up 2 new scans I don't have. I'll add them to my Sig line thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting those as well, and maybe now Farkus will stop his tirade. There ain't no Action #1 in those ads.. screwy.gif

Never said there was. Now are you going to actually answer any of the questions I asked that show you don't really have a clue? Or are you just going to keep throwing a fit in here and hope that nobody realizes you don't know what you're talking about?

Does anybody have a Emoticon beating a Dead Horsey?

If I did, I would post it here.

<---------------

Ze-

I'd settle for a dead bug emoticon. You'd think by now that he'd learn to change his style a little,but then again after 20plus banishings,its fairly obvious he'll never learn [#@$%!!!]. hi.gif

Does anybody have a Emoticon beating a Dead Horsey?

If I did, I would post it here.

<---------------

Ze-

For Real ! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Better yet, post it here-------------------> X 27_laughing.gif

deadhorse_thumb.jpg

acclaim.gif

Thanks Norinn Radd! 893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

Now that some of the dust has settled:

I am sure you will have many questions after this has been posted and I will try to answer some of the ones I can over the weekend.

Have a great weekend,

Steve

This thread went on forever since this post; care to enlighten us as to the future plans for our hobby? popcorn.gif

Thanks in advance! hi.gifflowerred.gif

I feel a formal answer is appropriate, don't you? popcorn.gif