• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Answer from CGC.........

1,346 posts in this topic

Speaking of which.......anyone remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads? If you don't, you missed somethin' special.......one of the Stiff Record recording artists.....along with Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, Wreckless Eric......what a great couple of summers of music that was!!!!!!

iandury.jpg

Clever Trevor

just cos I ain’t never ‘ad, no, nothing worth having

never ever, never ever

you ain’t got no call not to think I wouldn’t fall

into thinking that I ain’t too clever

and it ain’t not having oen thing nor another

niether, either is it anything, whatever

and it’s not not knowing that thier ain’t nothign showing

and I answer to the name of Trever, however

Just cos I ain’t never said, no, nothing worth saying

never ever, never ever, never ever

things ‘ave got read into what I never sad, ‘till me mouth becomes me ‘ead

which ain’t not all that clever

and it’s not not saying one thing nor another

neither, either is ist anything I haven’t said, whatever

and it ain’t not proving that me mind ain’t moving

and I answer to the naem of Trever, however

knock me down with a feather

Clever Trevor

widebrows wonder wether Clever Trevor’s clever

either have they got

nor neither haven’t not

got no right to make a clot

our of Trevor

why should I feel bad about something I ain’t ‘ad

such stupidness is mad cos nothing underfoot

comes to nothing less to add to a load of old toot

and I ain’t half not half co there’s nowhere to put it

even if I ‘ad i’m a bit of a Jack the Lad

knock me down with a feather

Clever Trevor

widebrows wonder wether Clever Trevor’s clever

either have they got

nor neither haven’t not

got no right to make a clot

our of Trevor

also, it takes much longer to get up north, the slow way

Speaking of which.......anyone remember Ian Dury and the Blockheads?

"Sex and drugs and rock and roll,

Is what I really I need,

sex and drugs and rock and roll,

are very good indeed."

Not surprised. Don't feel bad. A passing phenomenon. He was kind of ahead of his time.....
The same was said of Frank Zappa, and I don't really care for his music either. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not surprised. Don't feel bad. A passing phenomenon. He was kind of ahead of his time.....

Hate to disagree with you Red but he was definitely a product of (not ahead of) his time...most definitely a leader of the new wave brigade....new bra and panties is a classic.He overcame a lot in order to compete on even terms.

Hate to disagree with you Red but he was definitely a product of (not ahead of) his time...most definitely a leader of the new wave brigade....new bra and panties is a classic.He overcame a lot in order to compete on even terms.

Totally agree with Mushroom. He provided amusement, but there's a reason that Ian has become a forgotten relic of that era.

How do you think he would have gone over today? Ended up on The Surreal Life 7?

It is hard for me to say. I think the current music scene is more same ol same ol than in the mid 70's. Don't get me wrong....I don't mind the strokes, franz ferdinand, white stripes etc etc etc but there is nothing ground breaking (except maybe for some of the early Coral stuff). I have spent a lot of time recently listening to new aussie bands and the only one that has jumped out as being different are The Red Paintings and they sound like '67 Floyd.

I think the blockheads would be perceived more as a novelty band now than when they were at the vanguard of new wave.

sorry guys....I know this was sign-offtopic.gif

We recently had the start of some interesting ethical discussions regarding the relationship between a company simultaneously providing grading services and restoration services, or the degree to which such efforts should or should not be linked. Unfortunately the discussion was likely not viewed by many because it was couched in a thread that gave the appearance it was only about coins. But the fact was we began to specifically discuss PCS.

Steve Borock was kind enough to weigh in with some of his mental impressions and beliefs that were guiding his decisions back in 2004 as to why he believed PCS was a good idea. The thread can be found here:

New Information About The Earlier CCG/CGC/PCS Initiative

I am sure many of you have thoughts that would contribute to this discussion. By no means is this issue a dead one. It could easily arise once again, whether with CCG/CGC or perhas even another grading company. Since Steve is no longer an employee with CGC perhaps he can speak more candidly and publicly (although I certainly understand if he cannot do so) and further participate in the discussion.

My apologies in advance that I have used this thread to revive the discussion but it seemed to have the most in-depth posts on the topic, although of course there are many posts that were nothing more than distractions. My personal interest is not in the issue of pressing (and I have no interest in reviving that debate here), but on the ethical questions I believe the underlying relationship presents.

Here is another thread where the PCS issue was discussed. Perhaps this is the more appropriate thread to further the conversation. I leave that to everyone else to decide.

PCS Information and Message Board