• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Annual Really, Really Big Sales Thread # 2. CLOSED, remainder to ebay!

390 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Life is never a constant, and when you least expect it, tends to bring you the occasional surprise that makes you reassess your priorities. Such an event has occurred recently and my wife and I will be welcoming our second child this December. Taking some inspiration from Cheetah’s recent sell-off, I’ve decided to thin the herd and condense my collection down to a mere three boxes worth of slabs. Everything else, which mainly consists of my Silver, Bronze, and Copper books (about 12 boxes worth) is going to be made available, first here through the Boards, and whatever sells will be moved to eBay for the duration of the year, or until it sells.

I will be primarily listing Silver and Bronze books for the most part, with a small smattering of Copper and misc. Golden Age. Most of my Copper books will go immediately to ebay, since they’ve been commanding top dollar there, and selling Copper here on the Boards has always been a hit-or-miss proposition for me. If circumstances dictate, I may dip my toe into more of my GA books, but hopefully, that won’t be necessary, and if it does happen will likely be in the form of a separate thread. Another large sales thread will follow towards the end of summer, or into September once the convention season has subsided. I have over 300 books at, or destined for, CGC, so there will be lots of material available to choose from.

Timetable: Just so everyone has a fair chance at the material, I will be posting approximately 20-30 books promptly at 9pm every Friday night from tonight until Friday, June 6th. That’s five weeks worth of books, on a pre-announced timetable, so at least everyone knows when the fun starts. There will be no previews or pre-sales. Furthermore, I’ve worked out a schedule of what specifically will be offered, just so you can skip those weeks with material that doesn’t appeal to you. My tentative schedule is as follows:

Tonight (Miscellaneous high grade Silver/Bronze Marvels, including keys).

May 9th (High grade Golden Age, Schomburg covers, GGA, etc.)

May 16th (High grade Strange Tales run, many CGC 9.4s)]

May 23rd (High grade Fantastic Fours)

May 30th (High grade Tales to Astonish run, from 50-80, many CGC 9.4, as well as some misc. Marvels)

June 6th (Miscellaneous high grade SA/BA/Copper Marvels and DCs, including keys).

The timetable was devised so I could have most of the thread wrapped up, and books on their way, prior to leaving for Heroes Con on the week of June 16th.

Specifics and Guidelines:

• The books will be available in the thread for one week from the day they are posted. They will be moved to eBay the following weekend, so if you want them, you’ll have one week to pull the trigger or work out a deal.

• No HOSers, reprobates, and Dateless Nerd Wagon-driving individuals

• Prices are firm. This is not a liquidation. The books are being made available on the boards at about a 15% discount to what they will be listed on eBay for. That, in combination with my willingness to do time payments, makes their availability here about as favorable as I can make it. If you are a dealer, and want to put together a sizeable package ($5k+) worth of material, I’m open to offers as long as they are reasonable.

• Shipping is a flat $10/book if you live in the US. I will cover any expense, including insurance, beyond that. I’m fine with shipping to the UK or Canada, provided we’ve done business before or you have a solid reputation on the boards, but you will bear the full expense of the shipping, which has become almost ludicrously expensive in recent months.

• Back cover scans are available upon request.

• I’m open to time payments on amounts greater than $500, and for time frames of up to 3 months. However, I don’t discount books that I’m willing to sell in those types of arrangements.

• I will notate any book with an (*) that has been pressed while under my ownership, or if it was sold to me with that disclosure.

• Many of the books offered here are books directly from my personal collection, meaning they were often the best of multiple copies that I owned over the years, and have above average appeal for the grade.

And with that, I will be posting one book for sale until the thread starts up promptly tonight at 9pm....

Marvel Mystery # 4 (former) CGC 9.0 with Moderate Professional Restoration Moved to eBay

Beautiful book, with moderation so minor, one grader thought it was worthy of a "slight" designation, or at least that's the information that was passed onto me from the previous owner. Just a super nice copy of a very significant book (first Timely war cover, first Schomburg War cover, etc.). This is a fantastic copy, and one I chased for years. Other things take priority now, so I hope it goes to a great home. Time payment options are available. I will send this book in a fresh, recently uncased Fortress holder, at my expense.

sm2zo67.jpg

Oi7yYp3.jpg

We'll see you all tonight at 9pm!

May 30th (High grade Tales to Astonish run, from 50-80, many CGC 9.4,

No #49?...Well, your thread sucks already.

Note to Newbs: This is Thread Krapping in its finest form. Learn from the Master.

Note to Newbs: This is Thread Krapping in its finest form. Learn from the Master.

Thrilling #7?

:D

If not this thread sucks even more!

lol

Please, it started to suck the moment he thought about starting it.