• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Annual Really, Really Big Sales Thread # 2. CLOSED, remainder to ebay!

390 posts in this topic

Good luck with the new arrival and the sale, George.

Will you be moving the dates back from your op on the remaining sale themes?

:popcorn:

Good luck with the new arrival and the sale, George.

Will you be moving the dates back from your op on the remaining sale themes?

:popcorn:

Hey Bob,

Nope, all the other dates stay the same (which are in the first post)...somehow, I just forgot to put anything down for Friday, May 9th. Old age & senility I suppose... :preach:

BTW, I will get everyone invoices either later today or tomorrow, for those that want to pay for their books and get them immediately. I have no problem with holding books through the end of the sales thread if you want to pay for and have everything shipped together.

These are really nice brother.

I look forward to seeing you @ heroes.

Congrats the daddy role x 2!

(thumbs u

Thanks Wally, looking forward to both Heroes and being a father again, and not necessarily in that order. :P

Marvel Mystery # 4 (former) CGC 9.0 with Moderate Professional Restoration $6,750

Beautiful book, with moderation so minor, one grader thought it was worthy of a "slight" designation, or at least that's the information that was passed onto me from the previous owner. Just a super nice copy of a very significant book (first Timely war cover, first Schomburg War cover, etc.). This is a fantastic copy, and one I chased for years. Other things take priority now, so I hope it goes to a great home. Time payment options are available. I will send this book in a fresh, recently uncased Fortress holder, at my expense.

sm2zo67.jpg

Oi7yYp3.jpg

We'll see you all tonight at 9pm!

Just wanted to throw this out there, on any of the many "big books" I plan to put in the thread, like the MMC 4, I'm flexible to not only time payments, but also will consider partial cash/trade deals, provided the trade material is certified and sellable (so, I would prefer key books most of all, no Iron Man # 31s in 5.0 or something like that). Provided it's material I feel I can move before the end of the year, I'm willing to do a cash/trade deal as long as I could get at least 40% cash on any deal I we strike, so on a book like the MMC 4, I'd be looking at $2,700 cash at a minimum with roughly $4k in trade, based on GPA or recent sales.

Thought I would try that route with fellow Boardies, since after the books go to eBay, it will be a lot harder to be flexible, especially after I tack on the extra 15% to account for eBay/Paypal/Shipping fees.

Ok, everyone who bought anything in the first round should have an invoice.

I think the proper thing to do is close this thread on Thursday, since I will be moving the first batch of books to ebay while watching the NFL draft. No sense in keeping the thread open if everything in it is "off the table" and on ebay. So, tire kickers and lurkers, you have until 8pm Thursday to make your selections and move to a register for check-out.

Thread # 2 starts promptly at 9pm Friday night.

Lastly, I've been doing double duty as Mom and Dad the last few nights, so I haven't gotten around to putting together packages, but I will be up late tonight to get all of those paid for out the door. Thanks for your patience.

Just wanted to comment that your ASM #22 is freaking gorgeous. Surprised it hasn't gone yet...can't wait to see the new books coming! :applause:

Dan

Thanks Dan. Yeah, its a beautiful book. If it was in a 9.6 holder, no one would complain. It'll find a new home eventually, I'm sure.

And after this week, which is all GA, it's a long string of high grade Silver Age goodies, with heavy emphasis on FF characters. So stay tuned.