• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 8

79 posts in this topic

I am throwing the Tales of Suspense #49 out of the contest. There's an issue with the book that wasn't captured via scan. Please see the updated list of books.

I also sent a PM to each of the final eight contestants.

I'll have mine in tomorrow night. I did this today instead.

854a9de1-1460-47a0-99dd-2bbbb1472dd6.jpg

when I was young and healthy and cared about life I used to do those. I did the NYC marathon twice. Congrats on completing the race.

Congrats to both of you for being able to do marathons. I used to run a lot, but it has taken a toll on my body, so I'm just a swimmer now. (But, I never had the mental make up to run for 3:45 to 4:30 hrs it would have taken me to do a marathon)

when I was young and healthy and cared about life I used to do those. I did the NYC marathon twice. Congrats on completing the race.

Congrats to both of you for being able to do marathons. I used to run a lot, but it has taken a toll on my body, so I'm just a swimmer now. (But, I never had the mental make up to run for 3:45 to 4:30 hrs it would have taken me to do a marathon)

Thanks everyone, it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done. I hit mile 21 and things just went south fast. There was a stretch where there were 25 mph crosswinds blowing across Providence harbor and I felt like I was running in reverse. By mile 22 my legs felt like lead and my pace had dropped off to a crawl. I did finish at 4:14 but had hoped to break the 4 hour mark.

I firmly believe you can do anything you set your mind to doing. For what it's worth, I'm 48 years old and 8 years ago I weighed 240 pounds, smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I was a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm now about 70 pounds lighter (190 if you include my ex-wife) and run or exercise almost daily.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic. Grades submitted. :ohnoez:

I hear Providence is in some ways tougher to run then NYC or Boston, because of the long stretches of emptiness. No spectators cheering you on, long flat kind of boring parts, so you really need to motivate yourself. I'd take that time all day long.

You also split the field in half and came in the top half. That was always my goal in road races.

Great job!