• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How will YOUR grandkids pay for college?

12 posts in this topic

When Superman #75 came out, they had a piece on the local news interviewing people lined up outside a comic shop. There was a woman who was so very excited about it, saying that she was holding in her hands her children's college, and when they bring him back, that'll pay for medical school. Those poor kids.

When Superman #75 came out, they had a piece on the local news interviewing people lined up outside a comic shop. There was a woman who was so very excited about it, saying that she was holding in her hands her children's college, and when they bring him back, that'll pay for medical school. Those poor kids.

Who knows, maybe they are doctors now...in Mexico! 27_laughing.gif

But I think it's cool when the general population gets involved with us collectors every once in a while. I remember those lines for Supes # 75, looking at my LCS guy at the time and just confused-smiley-013.gifing. Of course he loved influx of customers if only for a day or two. I also remember we had a secretary at the time who alwaysed chuckled to herself when I would leave the office every Wednesday to get my comic fix. That day she asked " Are you going to get the Superman book they talked about on the news?" - and laughed, then continued; "Can you pick me up one...no, two?" smirk.gif