• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #301

84 posts in this topic

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!! GOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!! CASH REGISTER SOUND!!!!

Untitled_zpsca77ac9e.png

I hope you aren't the guy that outbid me on Ebay. That would make you my mortal enemy lol.

***Obviously I'm still bitter :mad:

My copy is available . . . :grin:

Just picked this one up. I also sent another one off to CGC and I'm hoping for a 9.8, but it'll probably come back a 9.4 or 9.6 though....

AmazingSpider-Man301CGC96WA_zps6db12ec0.jpg

Just curious.. do you have a scan of the back of the book you could share?

Yes, here it is. Any particular reason you are interested in the back cover?

AmazingSpider-Man301CGC96WB_zps7b0392d3.jpg

The front is really nice, and I just wanted to have a look at what might have brought the book down from a 9.8. Just a curiosity.

Just picked this one up. I also sent another one off to CGC and I'm hoping for a 9.8, but it'll probably come back a 9.4 or 9.6 though....

The front is really nice, and I just wanted to have a look at what might have brought the book down from a 9.8. Just a curiosity.

I agree. If this book had a 9.8 label, I would never even question the grade. In fact, I have a lot of 9.6's that look like 9.8's, and a lot of 9.8's that could easily be 9.6's...

I agree. If this book had a 9.8 label, I would never even question the grade. In fact, I have a lot of 9.6's that look like 9.8's, and a lot of 9.8's that could easily be 9.6's...

Just from looking at the picture, the top staple on the spine could be the reason for it being a 9.6. It seems slightly ripped? Everything else screams 9.8.

If referring to the black marking by the top staple, its a common flaw I see. Unless its a small cut, which is hard to tell if it is, because of the scan. Then I'd definitely agree with you.

Hey guys,

I snapped up an ebay auction that had a ASM 300 and an ASM 301 for one low price. Both were CGC books. But the wierd part is that the 301 was graded....wait for it...4.5. Yes...a VG+. Is this the lowest graded slab recorded?

Nope. According to the census, there are two 3.0's and two 3.5's out there.