• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee @ Dallas Comic Con

51 posts in this topic

I'm surprised Stan still has the energy for this. Most of his peers are gone, yet he still seems pretty spry for someone his age. I'm glad this generation of comic readers can get the chance to meet the legend. May he continue signing until he's a 100.

It's really hard to say how this convention will work at all. It's got new owners and a new building.

One thing that is for sure, almost anything is going to be better than the old Dallas Comic Con. Hopefully we won't have to stand in a parking garage for 2 and a half hours.

Say what you will but the last events seemed more organized and laid out better.

At Sci-Fi Expo, Fan Days and last years DCC, they had a line for people without tickets and a line for people with tickets. They didn't think about the fact that once they started letting people with tickets in, more of those people would continue to show up in mass for the next two hours.

Should you really have to stand in line for up to 3 hours just because you don't have a ticket already? Every time at one of these conventions, I see so many people give up and leave because they have been in line so long.

They also keep all of the media type celebs in the rooms on the third floor. They are only accessible to people with VIP tickets. This is the only set of cons I've ever been to where they didn't have the celebrities on the main floor with everyone else.

They have one person standing at a door checking wristbands where hundreds of people are walking through every minute. The person is constantly running around almost tackling people to see their wrist bands.

This is not a well organized convention. I'm so glad someone else bought it.

Emerald City is this way, as well. It's much better this way for crowd movement. The main thing with convention floors is to keep the crowds moving along and not stalled in an area.

I'm surprised Stan still has the energy for this. Most of his peers are gone, yet he still seems pretty spry for someone his age. I'm glad this generation of comic readers can get the chance to meet the legend. May he continue signing until he's a 100.

+1

It is kind of amazing he still is doing this kind of thing. I met him last year in Vegas for a photo opp, and when I was in line, I noticed how uncomfortable he looked in the chair he was sitting in, and he kept looking at his watch. I think his mind is much more energetic than his body. Thankfully, his sense of humor was still in tact, because when It was my turn to take a pic with him, I jokingly asked If he wanted to parkour afterwards. He chuckled and enthusiastically said, "Maybe!". It was pretty awesome!

Haha nice :)

I agree. Anyone who's spent any times with relatives in their nineties can attest - the fact that he is still doing these things is amazing. Many people that old don't even leave the house let alone go into huge crowds to sign autographs!

So, what's the oddest thing that stan lee has ever signed?

His own tatoo ... with the cockroach thingie..

I'm sure a rock star like Stan has gotten at least one or two requests to sign a few boobs or tushes :)

+1

It is kind of amazing he still is doing this kind of thing....

+2. If it makes anyone feel better, I have been told most of the signing fees go for a good cause. The Stan Lee Foundation, which promotes literacy efforts.

If you want the signature but not the wait, just pay Desert Wind or another facilitator to get the signature for you. It's worth the extra $$.