• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your first comic title or run that brings back the best memories from?

63 posts in this topic

You childhood? Obviously, this would depend on many things; when your actual childhood was? What you consider to be your actual childhood, etc, etc.

For example for me: as I grew up, I occasionally read DC, but grew up with Marvel. I loved the obvious, Iron Man, FF, Avengers, and even the not so obvious, like Sub-Mariner. However, The Uncanny X-men run meant a lot to me! Specifically, the Byrne/Austin run. Days of Future Past? Of course! In To The Savage Land? Yes! Dark Phoenix? Obvious!

What meant the most to you? what has had the most impact in your comic book life?

Amazing Spiderman and The Punisher. First two titles I ever read and certainly shaped my interests all of the way to today.

60's kid here,Spidey and Batman was the deal for me.Specially when the Batman T.V. show with Adam West came on.

I can appreciate an Action #1,but my holiest of holy grail is a Tec #27. (worship)

I have often wondered if I would have picked up an X-Men or Avengers comic that day would I be a fan of them instead? As such, neither title has ever interested me.

I have often wondered if I would have picked up an X-Men or Avengers comic that day would I be a fan of them instead? As such, neither title has ever interested me.

So my question then is, what did you actually pick up then?

Nah, you would have found a copy of Spidey in your hands at some point, and it would have resonated. It's just who we are.

I am an X-Men guy and I am OK with that!

(:

-slym

I think you are right Slym. I just really relate to Spidey on many levels. It did not hurt that ASM 300 was my first ever comic back in 1988 or whatever as a middle school kid. I was hooked for life. :cloud9:

I think Crisis is where I went from collector to obsessive fan. But X-Men and Teen Titans hold a high place also. Byrne and Perez are hard to beat.

For him, his avatar is a good indicator.

;)

-slym

For him, his avatar is a good indicator.

;)

-slym

Good point, haha!

My first comic I ever bought was UXM 171, and within 3 issues, I knew about the Dark Phoenix. By Christmas of that same year, I had all the issues back to #132.

Basically, the entire Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga, and then all through Inferno, was what I have my fondest memories of.

-slym

Sorry, just saw this. My very first comic book was ASM 300 for $5 from a friend. I thought I was getting cheated because it said a $1.50 on the cover but he promised me it would be valuable some day. I am guessing it was a year old or so at that point?

My uncle then took me to a comic book shop that week and I bought The Punisher # 20, Spectacular Spiderman 152 and Nam 31. I think they were all new releases. I recently framed all of those original comics I bought and put them in the comic room. They are in pretty rough shape at this point. lol