• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The story arc you would write for your favourite book or character

25 posts in this topic

If you had an opportunity to pitch a story to the writers of your favourite book or character, what would it be?

My favourite character being Superman makes it a little tricky seeing as there have been well over 2000 books featuring him. I haven't read even close to half of them so feel free to mock and belittle me if my idea has already been done.

My idea would have to do with Supes DNA and regeneration ability being able to be harvested. Most likely through some kind of kryptonite syringe. A doctor has learned how to use Supes blood/bone marrow to heal pretty much any disease/illness. Cancer, aids, paralysis, MS, Parkinsons...all curable.

This would lead to two major conflicts. First, being Superman he would want to help cure as many people as possible, but being as he is the only source of his DNA, there is a limit to what can be done. We all know he would put himself in harms way to save as many people as possible.

The second major conflict would be people trying to get a hold of his DNA for more nefarious purposes, and once they did, Supes would be in a weakened state from giving too much of himself to help as many people as he could.

I'm curious to hear any story ideas you all might have. Even you Kav :baiting:

If you had an opportunity to pitch a story to the writers of your favourite book or character, what would it be?

My favourite character being Superman makes it a little tricky seeing as there have been well over 2000 books featuring him. I haven't read even close to half of them so feel free to mock and belittle me if my idea has already been done.

My idea would have to do with Supes DNA and regeneration ability being able to be harvested. Most likely through some kind of kryptonite syringe. A doctor has learned how to use Supes blood/bone marrow to heal pretty much any disease/illness. Cancer, aids, paralysis, MS, Parkinsons...all curable.

This would lead to two major conflicts. First, being Superman he would want to help cure as many people as possible, but being as he is the only source of his DNA, there is a limit to what can be done. We all know he would put himself in harms way to save as many people as possible.

The second major conflict would be people trying to get a hold of his DNA for more nefarious purposes, and once they did, Supes would be in a weakened state from giving too much of himself to help as many people as he could.

its not really an action filled story is it?

Superman goes to the blood bank

its not really an action filled story is it?

Superman goes to the blood bank

Ummm, have you ever donated blood? There are cookies involved....tell me cookies don't = action...

Well this is interesting as I am DNA xpert-The DNA would have to be introduced as a retro virus. Superman's DNA would have to be made of the same atoms as everyone else's. He is not made of super atoms. Only snippets of DNA could be introduced so each disease would have to be cured from different segments.

Ps he would only have to give once-his DNA would be replicated thru th PCR process.

Superman donates his DNA, and his DNA is self destructive virus killing everyone on the planet but Kamandi. Superman is bored as Kamandi is as much fun as Guy Gardner, so he flies to another planet to torture with his invulnerability. Kamandi searches the planet till he finds one of those (Real Girl Dolls), and never leaves his home.

The end!

Superman donates his DNA, and his DNA is self destructive virus killing everyone on the planet but Kamandi. Superman is bored as Kamandi is as much fun as Guy Gardner, so he flies to another planet to torture with his invulnerability. Kamandi searches the planet till he finds one of those (Real Girl Dolls), and never leaves his home.

The end!

THE END!?!? How can you end it there. I want, NO NEED, to know what happens next.

Ps he would only have to give once-his DNA would be replicated thru th PCR process.

Oh Kav...you're supposed to post your ideas, not poke holes in mine...

Besides, Supes DNA can't be replicated because it contains Krytons base structure which introduces pathogens into the ribo-nucleosis of the amphetimene and causes amphamoric calcitracaion. So there...

mine would be a story where story Daredevil has a chance to get a surgery where he gets his eyesight back for good and finally can live a normal life(?)for him and his new love interest,but at the cost of losing his heightened senses(powers)forever,and his decision would hold many consequences for himself and those around him!I know there was a story or arc where DD got his sight back before 60s or 70's(I think?) but it was much different and silly .this would be an epic story like Born Again. (thumbs u

Oh Kav...you're supposed to post your ideas, not poke holes in mine...

Besides, Supes DNA can't be replicated because it contains Krytons base structure which introduces pathogens into the ribo-nucleosis of the amphetimene and causes amphamoric calcitracaion. So there...

Right I forgot about the ribo-nucleosis....

Take the dopey Lois Lane/ Jimmy Olsen/ World's Finest etc., stories from the 60s and reimagine them in the grittier, more complicated world of comics since the Bronze Age but with a nod and a wink to the absurdity of the situations.

How would today's Lois Lane deal with being transformed into a bald giant brained freak who was smarter than anyone else on the planet? How would Batman deal with having his mind trapped in the body of a toddler? What is the real reason for Superman contributing to Jimmy Olsen's constant humiliations and predicaments?

Take the dopey Lois Lane/ Jimmy Olsen/ World's Finest etc., stories from the 60s and reimagine them in the grittier, more complicated world of comics since the Bronze Age but with a nod and a wink to the absurdity of the situations.

How would today's Lois Lane deal with being transformed into a bald giant brained freak who was smarter than anyone else on the planet? How would Batman deal with having his mind trapped in the body of a toddler? What is the real reason for Superman contributing to Jimmy Olsen's constant humiliations and predicaments?

^^

Oh yea, lots of possibilities there, I think there was a cover where Superman was making Jimmy marry a gorilla... That could be pretty dark indeed

Oh yea, lots of possibilities there, I think there was a cover where Superman was making Jimmy marry a gorilla... That could be pretty dark indeed

One of the all time greats, as in the story Superman did actually make JO go through with the "marriage". It was all to teach JO some kind of lesson IIRC, but comes off as yet another SA example of superdickery

mine would be a story where story Daredevil has a chance to get a surgery where he gets his eyesight back for good and finally can live a normal life(?)for him and his new love interest,but at the cost of losing his heightened senses(powers)forever,and his decision would hold many consequences for himself and those around him!I know there was a story or arc where DD got his sight back before 60s or 70's(I think?) but it was much different and silly .this would be an epic story like Born Again. (thumbs u

:acclaim:

atfirst.jpg

The end!

THE END!?!? How can you end it there. I want, NO NEED, to know what happens next.

Didn't any of you guys watch Young Justice? (shrug)

Cadmus project? Genomorphs? Superman's DNA secretly combined with Lex Luthor's to clone a weapon? Superboy? Lex giving him 'shield patches' to suppress his human-DNA for an hour, allowing him full Superman powers?

A subplot of the entire 1st season was Superman's DNA, and how uncomfortable Superman was even laying eyes on the kid, let alone speaking to him.

Superboy_comes_clean.png

:shy: Another Idea I thought would be awesome is to bring the Marvel Monsters Back in a big way Around October lol with an 6 Issue Mini Series I'd Call Dracula Vs.Morbius The Living Vampire and The title Would "Battle for Lord of The Vampires"The Plot would be Dracula's plan to take over the world have finally taken the forefront,has he's found a forgotten relic that will block the sun,and give him the power to turn every living being into a vampire(think world overrun with zombies,just vampires ;) ) and they'll be at his control,with only a small handful of heroes and villains not affected by this,Morbius(not affected by this)and The legion of monsters(Werewolf(By Night),Frankenstein,Living Mummy,Simon Garth The Zombie etc.Also with Blade and Moon Knight playing The Van Helsing type Roles(lol).But Possibly having possession of the Relic Draws Morbius in for power as well and his motives are questioned and a Battle for lord lord of The Vampires and controll of the world hangs in the very Balance as They also fight over the nexus of all reality with Man-thing under Draculas control he could affect the whole Universe!!dun!Dun! :blahblah:lol

lol I'm Sure theres plenty of plotholes but I'm not a pro writer and this is something I thought would be ubber cool if it happened (thumbs u