• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMOKING CRACK AGAIN @ COMICLINK?........................

39 posts in this topic

OK, i just saw a ff 5 cgc 9.2 ow/w askign $25000 on comiclink

this is just a crazy high asking price on a 9.2, i wouldve thought $13-16k would be more realistic

that being said it is a strong 9.2 and maybe has a shot @ 9.4 but the bottom RHC is a littel rounded?

well, it's "only" a 9.2 being offered at 4x's 9.2 guide?!?!?!?

and the last one just sold for $15,600 last month. i'd almost be willing to bet that this is that copy being flipped. obviously, something in excess of the $15,600 would be a reasonable starting point, but 60% over the highest price ever realized is quite the stretch.

guess the seller is counting on "Movie-Mania"......... grin.gif

OK, i just saw a ff 5 cgc 9.2 ow/w askign $25000 on comiclink

this is just a crazy high asking price on a 9.2, i wouldve thought $13-16k would be more realistic

that being said it is a strong 9.2 and maybe has a shot @ 9.4 but the bottom RHC is a littel rounded?

It does seem high but given that there are 7 9.2s and 3 9.4s in the CGC Census, that's not a lot of high grade copies for a key first appearance. Early FFs are definitely tough in high grade.

GPAnalysis has noted 4 copies sold in 9.2 since 2002:

Sept 2002: $8900

Dec 2002: $7551

May 2003: $10,166

Oct 2004: $15,600

So 25k seems high, but remember, with ComicLink the seller sets the price, not ComicLink, and the idea is to put a high price tag on it. People can always offer a lower "bid" and the seller can accept. It'll be interesting to see what this ultimately goes for.

Dec 2002: $7551

You're really rubbing it in...I almost cried at the time when I saw that final price. Why oh why couldn't I have skipped buying my friends and family Christmas presents that year????frown.giffrown.giffrown.giftongue.gif

It does seem high but given that there are 7 9.2s and 3 9.4s in the CGC Census, that's not a lot of high grade copies for a key first appearance. Early FFs are definitely tough in high grade.

you know, I feel the exact opposite: 3 in 9.4 and 7 9.2s is quite a lot of copies to be expecting 25K, especially 9K more as a flip.

I wasn't implying that the 25,000 was justified, just making the point that there are 11 copies slabbed higher than 9.0, and there are probably more than 11 high grade collectors of FF, so for the first appearance of Doc Doom, 11 is not a whole lot of high grade copies. And only a small number of those have changed hands in the past 2 years, implying that at least some of the collectors are sitting in theirs and may not see the light of day anytime soon. And demand for this book will keep going up as the movie draws nearer. People are crazy.

I agree that a $ 9,000 plus increase is high. But you know, there just might be somebody out there willing to pay it. Or maybe they offer up "only" $20,000....

I don't blame the buyer for giving it a try. With the way ComicLink works, they don't have to pay any commission unless they sell it so why not put a high tag on it? If nobody bids, they'll know they went too high.

I wasn't implying that the 25,000 was justified, just making the point that there are 11 copies slabbed higher than 9.0, and there are probably more than 11 high grade collectors of FF, so for the first appearance of Doc Doom, 11 is not a whole lot of high grade copies. And only a small number of those have changed hands in the past 2 years, implying that at least some of the collectors are sitting in theirs and may not see the light of day anytime soon. And demand for this book will keep going up as the movie draws nearer. People are crazy.

I agree that a $ 9,000 plus increase is high. But you know, there just might be somebody out there willing to pay it. Or maybe they offer up "only" $20,000....

I don't blame the buyer for giving it a try. With the way ComicLink works, they don't have to pay any commission unless they sell it so why not put a high tag on it? If nobody bids, they'll know they went too high.

can't disagree with your logic here - suspect that someone might go around $20k before the Spring. this is clearly a MAJOR KEY in marvel history and with a potential blockbuster movie on the horizon (the jury won't be heard from for a while) who knows?!?!

hey, if this strategy nets the seller even a few grand it was a smart move!!! cool.gif

no risk - no reward........... devil.gif

I'm thinking of posting a few of my CGC books on Comiclink, and had a couple of questions.

1.) What percentage of the selling price does Comiclink take?

2.) Do I have to ship the book to Comiclink first or just send it straight to the buyer?

3.) Can I update my selling price anytime I want even if a bid is made?

I hear you.. dont doubt there are more than 11 FF run collectors who want the book, just not 11 customers at $20K. Granted most of those 11 already have their copy for far less $$, but 20-25K is steep.. Isnt that the 9.4 benchmark price level?

I'm thinking of posting a few of my CGC books on Comiclink, and had a couple of questions.

2.) Do I have to ship the book to Comiclink first or just send it straight to the buyer?

1. 10% of the final sale price

2. No, you send it to comiclink after the buyer's offer is accepted by you. ComicLink handles the transaction of receiving the money and sending them the book only after the money is received. It ensures that the seller gets paid and the buyer gets the book.

3. Don't know if you could raise it, but if you list a book for $500 and somebody "offers" $400 you can decide to accept the offer of $400. That's why you see so many books listed at high prices. Nothing ventured nothing lost.

1) 10% on CGC books.

2) You have to ship the book to Comiclink.

3) Well, you can certainly lower it. Raising a price after a bid has been made might be problematic. Bidders can bid as low as 50% of your asking price, so if you then raised the price so that a current bid is lower than 50% of your asking price, I don't know if the system would allow that. Also, it wouldn't be nice. Don't worry, if you do something Josh doesn't like, he isn't shy about giving you a call or emailing you.