• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SMOKING CRACK AGAIN @ COMICLINK?........................

39 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of posting a few of my CGC books on Comiclink, and had a couple of questions.

1.) What percentage of the selling price does Comiclink take?

2.) Do I have to ship the book to Comiclink first or just send it straight to the buyer?

3.) Can I update my selling price anytime I want even if a bid is made?

1) 10% on CGC books.

2) You have to ship the book to Comiclink.

3) Well, you can certainly lower it. Raising a price after a bid has been made might be problematic. Bidders can bid as low as 50% of your asking price, so if you then raised the price so that a current bid is lower than 50% of your asking price, I don't know if the system would allow that. Also, it wouldn't be nice. Don't worry, if you do something Josh doesn't like, he isn't shy about giving you a call or emailing you.

10% doesn't seem that bad. Why was I thinking it's 25%. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm thinking of posting a few of my CGC books on Comiclink, and had a couple of questions.

2.) Do I have to ship the book to Comiclink first or just send it straight to the buyer?

1) 10% on CGC books.

3) Well, you can certainly lower it. Raising a price after a bid has been made might be problematic. Bidders can bid as low as 50% of your asking price, so if you then raised the price so that a current bid is lower than 50% of your asking price, I don't know if the system would allow that. Also, it wouldn't be nice. Don't worry, if you do something Josh doesn't like, he isn't shy about giving you a call or emailing you.

10% doesn't seem that bad. Why was I thinking it's 25%. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it's higher than 10% on raw books. What really makes it worth it is that you don't have to pay any listing fees, only the 10% if a book sells.

1) 10% on CGC books.

I think it's higher than 10% on raw books. What really makes it worth it is that you don't have to pay any listing fees, only the 10% if a book sells.

Thanks guys. I own about 350 CGC graded books, so I'll start by listing about 15 or 20 first.

One last question: I recently scanned 3 views (front, label, back) for each CGC book I own. Can I post all 3 views, or is only 1 allowed?

Thanks guys. I own about 350 CGC graded books, so I'll start by listing about 15 or 20 first.

Have you considered listing them in the marketplace first?

Most of my transactions have been through eBay, Metro and Heritage. How does the marketplace work? Most of my collection consists of SA books in 7.5-9.4 range, and GA superhero and GGA books in 6.5-8.5 range. I need to sell about 25-30% of my collection (stuff that I've lost interest in) to free up money to buy additional books.

Just go to the MarketPlace and list the books you have and how much you want. If someone on this board wants the book, why pay a middleman? I bought and sold several times with forum members and it works out great.

Most of my transactions have been through eBay, Metro and Heritage. How does the marketplace work? Most of my collection consists of SA books in 7.5-9.4 range, and GA superhero and GGA books in 6.5-8.5 range. I need to sell about 25-30% of my collection (stuff that I've lost interest in) to free up money to buy additional books.

I live in Chicagoland. If you've got any pre-hero stuff, let me know. I'll come pick it up.

Got a list of what you want to sell? PM me.

--Steve

I'll be in Chicago December 27-January 2. What Golden Age do you have? Bondage, BABY!

1) 10% on CGC books.

Does the 10% fee include costs of shipping to comiclink and/or the buyer? confused-smiley-013.gif

Does the 10% fee include costs of shipping to comiclink and/or the buyer? confused-smiley-013.gif

You have to pay the cost of shipping the books to comiclink. You don't have to pay for them to be shipped to the buyer.

1) 10% on CGC books.

Because ComicLink has two different levels of service. One of them is 10% and one of them (where you just send your books to Josh and he does all the listing and scanning work for you) is 25%.

I'll be in Chicago December 27-January 2. What Golden Age do you have? Bondage, BABY!

Actually, the bondage and GGA books are what I'm currently collecting. I'm mostly trying to get rid of some of my modern or mid grade SA books (probably at a loss). I'm not expecting a huge return on these books, just enough to buy some additional books.

My CGC graded (or sent to CGC to be graded) GA bondage/GGA books include 4 Phantom Lady, 5 Exciting Comics, 5 Thrilling Comics, 3 Startling Comics, 2 Torchy, 3 Wonder Comics, 3 Dagar Desert Hawk, 6 Planet Comics, 5 All Top Comics, 4 Zoot Comics, 6 Jo-Jo Comics, 9 Jungle Comics, 5 Sheena, 2 Jumbo Comics, 2 Black Terror, 6 Fight Comics, 2 Blue Beetle, 2 Cow Puncher, etc. I also have individual GGA books like Terrors of the Jungle, Baffling Mysteries, Terrifying Tales, Wings Comics, Saint, etc.. All in all, I have about 125 GGA books with an average grade of around 7.0. I'm looking for mid-grade copies of Blue Beetle #54 and Brenda Starr #14 (both Kamen covers). I'm also interested in buying Junior Comics, but these issues are hard to find in decent grade. Phantom Lady #17 has one of the best covers but is too expensive at this point.

Today's Comiclink crack...(drum role please)...

Batman #234 CGC 9.6, for a mere...

$4000. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

geez - loweez!!!!!!!!!

the 9.0 asking price is $250, the 9.4 is $900 amd the 9.6 jumps to $4000???

but i guess it's really only 20X's 9.2 GUIDE!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

but, then again, there are only EIGHT OTHERS graded this high!!!!!!!!!

how long will that puppy be on there?????????? confused.gif

Which issues of Exciting, Thrilling, Startling & Wonder do you have?

Exciting Comics: #57 (expecting 5.5), #61 (CGC 7.0), #63 (CGC 6.5), #64 (expecting 5.5), #65 (CGC 7.0)

Thrilling Comics: #59 (expecting 7.0), #61 (expecting 7.5), #62 (CGC 7.0), #63 (expecting 6.5), #66 (CGC 7.0). I also gave a VG copy of #67, which I won't send to CGC.

Wonder Comics: #14 (CGC 7.5), #15 (expecting 4.5), #18 (expecting 5.0)

Startling Comics: #44 (expecting 5.5), #47 (CGC 4.5), #50 (CGC 8.5)