• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not All Local Comic Shops are Alike

60 posts in this topic

It looks AMAZING and I love that they have seating areas were people can hang out, talk comics and stuff and look through all those bins!

I was sitting there today, looking at this.

tenthplanetcap27016.jpg

tenthplanetcap27019.jpg

This place is just jam packed with all kinds of stuff.

tenthplanetcap27009.jpg

A beautifully laid out store!

Is that a ST 110 on the 3rd row down to the left of the Lois Lane?

Not sure, do you want me to take a look next time I go in there?

It looks AMAZING and I love that they have seating areas were people can hang out, talk comics and stuff and look through all those bins!

tenthplanetcap27016.jpg

daddy like :cloud9:

"You better be holding a sandwich!"

tenthplanetcap27009.jpg

Not sure, do you want me to take a look next time I go in there?

Sure. Get a feel for the grade if you can.

tenthplanetcap27009.jpg

ST 112

Strange_Tales_Vol_1_112.jpg

A very nice looking store Tim. He seems to have a very strong inventory in pretty well everything and it's nicely displayed. How much for the Strange Tales 110?

(shrug)

I know I'm a snob, but I try to not frequent shops that cater to Magic players.

Glad you have a place near you that you like though. (thumbs u

If "catering" to Magic players helps keep that kind of shop open I say more power to him!

If "catering" to Magic players helps keep that kind of shop open I say more power to him!

Those guys are never around during the day. He has these tournements on Friday nights that go till very late. He says it brings people into the store, and helps pay the bills. I'm just there to look at books and buy stuff.

If he wasn't making money on it, he wouldn't be doing it. Like I said, he's a pretty smart business man.

tenthplanetcap27016.jpg

daddy like :cloud9:

"You better be holding a sandwich!"

Actually. I'm eating Cheetos with that yellow dye all over my fingers. He says its o.k.

I don't even see how he would be catering to Magic players? The store looks like a really kick comic store that also sells games, statutes, and other stuff. Definitely the kind of place I could spend a huge chunk of my day each week. Trust me I've been to places that cater to gamers, where they barely have any comics and have no interest in helping you to look at comics and don't want you taking up space for the magic players.

Well, he's got something for everyone in there. He has another section in the back with a huge television and big sofa pit to sit and relax and watch movies. Bathroom is clean as a pin too.

I should have taken a pic or two of the display cases up front. Maybe if I go back later this week I'll get a few more. He sells a lot of those Magic Cards too.

One thing about this place is that the help knows they're stuff. They all know how to treat and talk to customers too.

Magic brings in money. For most stores, it brings in more money than comics.

Well, he's got something for everyone in there. He has another section in the back with a huge television and big sofa pit to sit and relax and watch movies. Bathroom is clean as a pin too.

So what's the weather like in Indiana? hm

Rainy and dreary. You get one nice day, and five bad ones. It sucks right now. Trying to get the wife to move, but no dice...................yet.

Rainy and dreary. You get one nice day, and five bad ones. It sucks right now. Trying to get the wife to move, but no dice...................yet.

5+1=6... what happens on the 7th day? Is it kinda like purgatory? Not nice but not bad, it just kinda is?

It's an hour away from me but compared to some of the other shops in Chicago this seems like it's worth the drive.

I assume the prices are reasonable?