• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Neighbors' destroying 'ASM 2' catches Marvel's attention

45 posts in this topic

With Marvel having the merchandising rights to Spider-Man, could there be a deal down the road that would see Spidey return to Marvel?

If this happens, I pray we don't get reboot #3. :eyeroll:

Yes- but aren't we headed that way already? The whole draw of the last film was Gwen… and well…

Why would we be heading for a reboot? In the comics, after Gwen came MJ, and Kraven, then Venom, and all sorts of other cool stuff!!!

:whistle:

-slym

MJ sort of came before Gwen actually...

Obviously you didn't have a teen daughter 7-8 years ago and watch with her all the "High School Musical" Disney movies.

A bit of trivia: The Soundtrack album for High School Musical was the #1 selling music album in 2006, selling 8.5 million copies. It outsold albums by artists like Justin Timberlake, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink, Carrie Underwood. Without any singles getting significant radio time.

With Marvel having the merchandising rights to Spider-Man, could there be a deal down the road that would see Spidey return to Marvel?

Yes- but aren't we headed that way already? The whole draw of the last film was Gwen… and well…

Why would we be heading for a reboot? In the comics, after Gwen came MJ, and Kraven, then Venom, and all sorts of other cool stuff!!!

-slym

Oh I bet she did ;)

-slym

Oh I bet she did ;)

She was quite the swinger!

Zach Efron would do a good job. I could see it.

+1, I think he'd do an AMAZING job as a T'Challa in Black Panther!

:jokealert:

As long as he did a good job acting the role hm

I liked the Green Hornet :shrug:

Can't picture Efron playing any Marvel character very well though.

I enjoyed the Green Hornet as well. Not the best superhero movie ever, but a worthwhile couple of hours with popcorn and coke

I've learned over the years to quit second guessing the studios on casting. Fans have been so sure - and ultimately so wrong - about a lot of actors and their roles. At the time, we all though Keaton couldn't possibly play Batman. We doubted Schwarzenegger could remember his lines.

Actors get paid to act. They don't have to be "like" who they are portraying, just be able to act like who they are portraying.