• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-MEN Issue 101

11 posts in this topic

As always, appreciate your feedback on the grade.

Book lies flat, has good gloss and colours, but I've noted the following (and I'm being super harsh here, it really is a great looking book) :

– slight crease Cyclops head

– tiny non color breaking spine ticks

– slight blunting on URC back cover

– small split tear LRC

Additionally the top staple is recessed whilst the bottom staple is cleanly popped (discussed here)

Aware that because of this the book would get a GLOD if submitted, but keen to get views on what grade it could potentially hit.

14203342614_c47eca8943_b.jpg

Super hi-res here

14203337804_1788956639_b.jpg

Super hi-res here

7.0. I have a graded Swamp Thing #1 with exact same qualities and exact

same defect.

Is this a qualified grade?

For staple pops - I was under the impression that this really drops the grade (unless a known production error) -

same defect.

For staple pops - I was under the impression that this really drops the grade (unless a known production error) -

It was not qualified from what I remember. The book looks NM- so it dropped the grade to 7.0 because of the staple I assumed.

That's consistent with what I've heard if issued with a universal grade. I'm really looking for what Qualified Grade everyone thinks it would get. I'm told that CGC will, by default, issue under a qualified label if the book presents well, but is hampered by a significant issue (like a staple pop).

same defect.

It was not qualified from what I remember. The book looks NM- so it dropped the grade to 7.0 because of the staple I assumed.

wow - I thought a staple pop was more harsh - the comicspriceguide grade list does state that for the FN ragne (covering 5.5-7.0) one large defect can be present - and the cover can be loose from one staple (I have to assume loose = popped) - but the overstreet guide does not even mention a popped/loose staple until much lower (like a 5 or somewhere like that)

I know it is not an exact measurement as the whole book is part of the grade - but I figured that a popped staple is like a large tear or water stain - in that the specific defect is such a "large" scale one, that it will drag the book down no mater what.

Kind of a justification as to why a qualified grade exists (one big defect drops the grade by "X" points no matter what).