• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Blair Sketch

22 posts in this topic

I tried using the global shipping option on one item:

L4UZMt1.jpg

The person in Australia has now filed a claim with paypal saying item was never recieved but item does say that Fed Ex delivered the comic with their tracking #. I shipped the package to KY and another company forwarded the comic to Australia and did not put a signature confirmation on it. It looks like I now have to refund the full payment for the item. But this sketch is now considered stolen, so please keep a look out for it.

I have now turned off the global shipping option and will no longer use this service.

Be aware and look out for this sketch.

Did it show as being delivered to KY in the tracking? This is an exact quote from eBay on the Global Shipping Program:

"You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item is forwarded by the US shipping center. Once an item has been forwarded by the US shipping center, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:

A buyer claims an item isn't received or

A package is damaged in transit"

Did it show as being delivered to KY in the tracking? This is an exact quote from eBay on the Global Shipping Program:

"You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item is forwarded by the US shipping center. Once an item has been forwarded by the US shipping center, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:

A buyer claims an item isn't received or

A package is damaged in transit"

^^ You should be on the phone with eBay already making sure they don't screw you. The benefit to this system is exactly what is quoted above. Once you have confirmation of delivery to the Global Shipping center, you are good.

Buyer is piggod4761

Update:

Thanks Cody. I called paypal and they said same thing. I am responsible for getting package to Kentucky. They closed the claim and took the hold off if my money.

Buyer is piggod4761

Update:

Thanks Cody. I called paypal and they said same thing. I am responsible for getting package to Kentucky. They closed the claim and took the hold off if my money.

:banana:

Now we have to add Yoda to the list of sketches that actually sell...

That is far and away the best Scott Blair sketch I have ever seen. I am glad you are off the hook, bud.

Scott really has a talent, and I agree that is one sweet Yoda. He just caters to what a lot of comic fanboys want most of the time and is successful at it. I love the Dagger piece I had him do a while back and it is sexy for sure :lol:

Here is the issue I have with this situation. The sketch is still gone or missing. Maybe??????

I got a pm this morning after posting this that another boardie sold to this same buyer.

The buyer sent him also almost the exact same quote about not receiving his item.

So this eBay person is in my opinion running a scam and has learned that without sig confirmation, paypal will refund the money.

Please beware of selling to this person and keep an eye out for this sketch.

I thought this sounded familiar. Pretty sure I remember another boardie saying he shipped to AUS and had the same thing happen. If I can remember who it was I'll direct him over here to see if it was the same guy.

I am the other seller by the way yeah I'm pretty much Sol cause I hate the global shipping program from eBay and this guy now has me in a noose so guys definitely block this buyer

I think all sellers should get sig confirmation for all items in the future to stop this from happening to you. It is better than paying for insurance IMO.

I have used the global shipping program in the past and get sig con for item sent to KY. Just a CYA thing.

Just wanted to let everyone know I was messaged by piggod4761 this morning...

"hi, I would like to buy a few of your cgc comics, just wondering if you would ship them to Australia? I have bought tonnes from the US but some sellers don't ship outside the US.

New block list addition.