• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Girls and Comics

56 posts in this topic

Girls have been reading comics longer than most people have noticed. It's not a big deal.

Very true but we're talking about a sudden increase in the number of girls who're buying and reading comics. The growth is startling.

It's only startling because people are allowing it to be. From my POV, I find it startling at the amount of guys who are startled by this sudden increase.

Girls have been reading comics longer than most people have noticed. It's not a big deal.

Very true but we're talking about a sudden increase in the number of girls who're buying and reading comics. The growth is startling.

It's only startling because people are allowing it to be. From my POV, I find it startling at the amount of guys who are startled by this sudden increase.

Those guys are just startled by girls per se.

Just wanting to mention while taking my wife out for lunch she noticed a woman leaving the mall wearing a skirt with marvel super heroes on it. Naturally, my being the good husband, never noticed it. :(

My three year old daughter's favorite cartoon on netflix is the old Hulk cartoon. I watched an episode with her and she was hooked. I actually can't stand the cartoon. :D

It's pretty bad, and it portrays the She -Hulk in a pretty sexist manner that my wife doesn't care for. I've tried steering her towards Spiderman or a couple of other cartoons, but she's dead set on Hulk, which is pretty cute.

My three year old daughter's favorite cartoon on netflix is the old Hulk cartoon. I watched an episode with her and she was hooked. I actually can't stand the cartoon. :D

It's pretty bad, and it portrays the She -Hulk in a pretty sexist manner that my wife doesn't care for. I've tried steering her towards Spiderman or a couple of other cartoons, but she's dead set on Hulk, which is pretty cute.

:)

That's kind of what happened with me and Batman. My mom tried (valiantly) to steer me to things like My Little Pony, but my father totally fed into the whole Batman thing.

I would just like to say that your dad is awesome, as is any dad who is Pro Batman.

Since Father's Day is coming up, you should order him this to replace his current work belt.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/batman+utility+belt+replica+batdcdstat57.do?ref=CAFRGL&CAWELAID=530007340000108964&gclid=CNjBs_CtzL4CFYGhOgodElEABw

Yeah, like I said earlier, 20 years ago when he was doing Sandman I would go to Neil Gaiman signings, and a large percentage of the crowd was female.

I remember seeing Gaiman at a convention many years ago. He was like a one man boy band as he read poetry and told tales of the Golden Rose award.

I would just like to say that your dad is awesome, as is any dad who is Pro Batman.

Since Father's Day is coming up, you should order him this to replace his current work belt.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/batman+utility+belt+replica+batdcdstat57.do?ref=CAFRGL&CAWELAID=530007340000108964&gclid=CNjBs_CtzL4CFYGhOgodElEABw

Hope her Dad has a 34" waist. If not I guess she could buy 2 and have the belt altered. Expensive belt.

Hope her Dad has a 34" waist. If not I guess she could buy 2 and have the belt altered. Expensive belt.

His waist is 28". He's a runner so he was a very small (yet surprisingly strong) build.

I'm actually getting him something Star Trek related, since that's his thing. The belt however I may need. lol