• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Girls and Comics

56 posts in this topic

This seems like a good time & place to bring up this question:

Any eBay sellers seeing more females buying comics? About 20% of my sales are to females over the last several months whereas a few years ago it was practically nil. And not titles one would expect either (eg Rat Queens, Saga, etc.), but titles such as Flash, Green Arrow, Star Wars, and Zenoscope ( (shrug) )

I see more females in the LCS lately than in the past too. With all the talk of declining readership, are women keeping the numbers buoyed?

Any eBay sellers seeing more females buying comics? About 20% of my sales are to females over the last several months whereas a few years ago it was practically nil. And not titles one would expect either (eg Rat Queens, Saga, etc.), but titles such as Flash, Green Arrow, Star Wars, and Zenoscope ( (shrug) )

I see more females in the LCS lately than in the past too. With all the talk of declining readership, are women keeping the numbers buoyed?

That's likely mom paying for junior's comics.

:popcorn:

Those eBay accounts could be shared between husband and wife. I've sold some things to female Paypal accounts and the buyer turned out to be a man on multiple occasions. Same with emails from Craigslist. The email will come from something like Jenny1982 and the guy buying it will be named Craig.

Girls are buying comics. We've noticed the number of female customers at comic shows has been increasing for the last 3 years. This year I'd estimate 1/3 of our CA/MA customers were female. A refreshing trend.

... I was at the LCS yesterday for an hour and 3 different women came in to pick up their pulls versus 2 guys ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. One of the gals was there with her BF and he was obviously just tolerating it ...... it kind of cracked me up.... my how times change lol

That's likely mom paying for junior's comics.

Those eBay accounts could be shared between husband and wife. I've sold some things to female Paypal accounts and the buyer turned out to be a man on multiple occasions. Same with emails from Craigslist. The email will come from something like Jenny1982 and the guy buying it will be named Craig.

Is it really that hard for some people to conceive of female comic buyers that they have to come up with these explanations for why it might SEEM there are females, but there's really not?

All you have to do is go to a Neil Gaiman signing to see that there are plenty of female comic readers out there.

I've introduced a bunch of girls to comics like Bedlam, Saga, Fables and Sex Criminals. In my experience, they seem to go for stuff like that versus superhero DC/Marvel stuff.