• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why So Low on the Scarecrow?

113 posts in this topic

For what it's worth, I've studied Psychology and Marketing extensively over the past few years (self taught) and I wanted to bring this up to those interested:

Emotions and Logic share the same space in the brain when used.

Why does this matter?

Selling.

When you set up an auction for $1, a variety of factors come into play:

1.People love the feel and excitement of "winning" something.

2. When the emotions and excitement are brought on by the thought of winning, the logic in the brain goes out the window. The stronger that excitement and desire to win, the capability of using logic is muted.

3. If listing on eBay, never use the same simple pictures others use. If you want to catch the attention of the eye, zoom out or at a different angle. The fact that it's simply not the same will create intrigue and attention.

There is so much more to it, but I will try to keep it short.

I can see your level of proficiency in these subjects matches the intelligence of your teacher.

For what it's worth, I've studied Psychology and Marketing extensively over the past few years (self taught) and I wanted to bring this up to those interested:

Why does this matter?

Selling.

2. When the emotions and excitement are brought on by the thought of winning, the logic in the brain goes out the window. The stronger that excitement and desire to win, the capability of using logic is muted.

3. If listing on eBay, never use the same simple pictures others use. If you want to catch the attention of the eye, zoom out or at a different angle. The fact that it's simply not the same will create intrigue and attention.

I can see your level of proficiency in these subjects matches the intelligence of your teacher.

Administrator notified.

Why does this matter?

Selling.

Administrator notified.

Maybe it was meant as a compliment...

And just for records sake:

Skyrocket

Transformers last sale - 9.8 = 300

Batman Adventures 12 - 9.8 = 612

WF 3 - 5.5 = 980

Amazing Spider-man 361 - 9.8 = 175

Detective Comics 66 - 7.0 = 3,750

Going Down:

Batman 227 - 9.8 = 5,000

BA 12 is trending down. I sold a 9.8 copy for $875. You would be hard pressed to realize that price in the near term.

Also you have quoted the last realized sale price, this is not an accurate reflection of FMV because of price dispersion, which is a significant factor in the comics market. You should pick a moving average.

Why does this matter?

Selling.

Administrator notified.

what do they call tattle-tales in turkey?

Why does this matter?

Selling.

Administrator notified.

what do they call tattle-tales in turkey?

lol why when I read this question do I picture myself unwrapping a piece of laffytaffy...hilarious jokes...clean enough to tell your grandmother...funny enough to tell your friends :grin:

My quick take

Tec 73 is a high demand book. I regularly sell them for 50-100% over gpa.

Tec 66 is a great book with moderate demand, but a tougher sell

WF 3 has the scarecrow origin going for it, but the weak cover will always keep this book down from mega potential. I have managed to get above avg prices for copies but don't expect any growth explosion

Bat 227 has most potential still, over previous 3. Iconic cover, enough supply to keep book regularly selling, but still more demand than supply so prices will continue to push up

I'd believe you, but can I trust someone who doesn't sell their books at an angle?

I mean, you aren't even self taught in the field of psychology!

Why does this matter?

Selling.

Administrator notified.

Were you asking them to move this thread to CG? That's where the usual pump and dump happens.

Maybe it was your listing and advertising skills is the reasoning why it went only 4k. You can try to argue and negotiate all you want, but this book will skyrocket in the next year or so.

And with that statement, your credibility with me went from questionable to ignore (thumbs u

To be honest, G.A.tor, your television commercials could probably stand a little work. :D

The beautiful sun is shining out here in Turkey. Funny thing, I just saw a clown walking out on the street telling jokes. He was playing with rubber bands, stretching them to see how elastic they were. A crowd surrounded him while he was performing some of the most hilarious acts I had ever seen. People started throwing money at him. He must have made at least $20,000.

Scarecrow

World's Finest Comics 3

Maybe it was your listing and advertising skills is the reasoning why it went only 4k. You can try to argue and negotiate all you want, but this book will skyrocket in the next year or so.

And with that statement, your credibility with me went from questionable to ignore (thumbs u

With that coment, KillerCroc demonstrated not only a lack of credibility, but a lack of judgment as well.

Administrator notified. If you people want to play this game and team up, cool. Let's do it. Anyone else?

Administrator notified. If you people want to play this game and team up, cool. Let's do it. Anyone else?

I'm confused, you came on touting your expertness in this book and how books should be listed, do you want to be the go to expert or not? You were so quick to question GAtors ability to sell, I figured it was best to get your opinions on all this sales related since you've been touting yourself as the definitive seller of this and other books. (I used to ask GAtors opinions on many things, but you put him in his place, so now you're the guy right?)