• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Problem

84 posts in this topic

On April 23rd of this year I shopped on the Metropolis Comics website in their "100 newest comics section."

I saw a Hero for Hire #1 in 8.0 that I though was graded fairly "with a scan of the actual book - NOT a stock image" and I bought it for $250. I sent the check in that day after I marked during checkout that I would be paying with a check.

Yesterday, I remembered that I haven't seen nor heard of the book so I checked with Metro and my invoice was marked VOIDED - no e-mail, not phone calls, no communication.

So I called them. I talked to Brandon and he stated that I hadn't paid so they canceled it. That seemed strange, since they canceled the transaction on April 25th.

I called again today and talked to Rob. He said that the book was sold at a show and that there wasn't another copy that I can have as a replacement. I find this incredibly frustrating due to the fact that there was a scan of the actual book (meaning it was in house) and they would take a $250 book away the day they posted it on their website.

I figure I would see if other have had this same experience and if this is a common practice.

Thanks,

Wally

holy sheeyat, H for H 1 in Metropolis 8.0 is now a $250 book??? I know it was going big in 9.6 or 9.8, but a raw VFish?????

Now I feel like a profound insufficiently_thoughtful_person for selling my VF for $50 a few years ago. What was I thinking?

They should have let you know that the book sold, but other than that, it's a scenario that happens all the time. Dealers commonly bring stock to shows that's also listed on their site.

It shouldn't have mattered if he was paying by check. The book was "SOLD" when he did the checkout.

Selling books that have already sold at a con is common. I don't fault Metro for that fact. What I find bothersome is the fact that there was no communication.

It shouldn't have mattered if he was paying by check. The book was "SOLD" when he did the checkout.

Selling books that have already sold at a con is common. I don't fault Metro for that fact. What I find bothersome is the fact that there was no communication.

dude, seriously, you weren't laughing at that comment.

(thumbs u

Paying by check?

I HATE it when I am at the grocery store and some elderly person in front of me pays by check.

Takes forever!

I have been married 41 years and we ALWAYS paid by check.....until 1990.....

Paying by check?

I HATE it when I am at the grocery store and some elderly person in front of me pays by check.

Takes forever!

I have been married 41 years and we ALWAYS paid by check.....until 1990.....

calculating age, 41 years divided by 1990 times the multiplier....dude, you're 135?

They should have let you know that the book sold, but other than that, it's a scenario that happens all the time. Dealers commonly bring stock to shows that's also listed on their site.
I can't remember Metro a book like HFH 1 in 8.0 to a show. But, 1) I don't shop at their booth often and 2) it's heating up.

being married to 41 consecutive years is unheard of today, I just figured you were born in 1890.

I see you are from New York, New York.

That explains everything. lol

Next time you're in town, ring me up, I'd love to have you for dinner. :insane:

I've never had an easy experience with checkout. It always required follow up emails to get them to confirm PayPal receipt. They are prompt in responding but still a strange experience. How about a HoS nomination, Wally? It's been over a week since we've had one :)