• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED 3 !!

158 posts in this topic

Last uploads for this issue...... PICTURES !! :applause:

These shots were taken at the 1976 Creation Con by Murray Bishoff

Wow.... look at the empty seats for the Marvel panel discussion :cloud9:

TBG141photos_0001_zps0c6cfcdc.jpg

The first ad from issue #158 is a half pager for a con in Kansas. I like these smaller con ads....especially the ones with artwork.... and post them up with the idea that somebody here, maybe went to this show. Perhaps it was their first comic con ever, and to them, it's a super sweet memory. I can't take scans of EVERY page...(well, I could, but I'm not going to) so what strikes me as interesting gets posted and I was interested in Michelles two... uh.... two day appearance at this "early days" con. What a treat for those who were able to attend.

TBG158nichellenicholscon_zpse32c7267.jpg

Another smaller show in Hollywood Calif. I'm also thinking that there are names attached to some of these ads that boardies might remember. Maybe folks who were part of the scene back in the day, but have gone on to other pursuits

TBG158hollywoodcomixclub_zps53cbb898.jpg

uggg.... photo bucket is doing some "maintenance" which is putting a crimp on my CLASSIFIED thread :mad::sumo:

In 1981 I used to walk to the local collector shop that sold back issues. They got this paper every week and after they read it would sell it to me for a dime. I wish I would have kept all of them.

I have been trying to get these again and have a small stack already. it is great to read through the articles and see how much people were selling their comics for back then.

Here is the oldest one that I have.

100_1893_zpsd716d068.jpg

Keep posting, this is great stuff !

So much that's interesting, like the relative prices in the the mycomicshop ad:

Kull #1 was listed for the same price ($2.00) as Avengers #5 or 6, DD #4, or FF #25, 28 or 30 .

In fact you could buy FF #41-44 or 47-49 for 75¢ each or FF #50 thru 60 for 50¢ each! That means you could buy the entire Galactus trilogy for the same price as Kull #1 ! WOW!

anyone wanna post on anything that's already been put up :wishluck:

Best thread on the board at the moment. (thumbs u

There's such a rush of nostalgia reading it. That returning sense of just how much fun and truly magical collecting comics was. :cloud9:

Thank you for posting it. (worship)