• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should a person pay for New Avengers #1 variant...

36 posts in this topic

with Spidey cover and Ultimates volume 2 #1 sketch cover variant? confused-smiley-013.gif I bought a copy of each at a LCS and want to know if I got robbed or not. Usually I never buy variants, but since Spidey and Wolverine are now Avengers I figured it was a good key to have.

I would think the first New Avengers variant would be pretty common which in my opinion should cost to much. I would probaly give 5.00 - 15.00 bux for it. Now the next set of variants coming out may get pretty high based on the way marvel has them set up in order to receive them.

If it was me I would just wait a while for the hype to calm down before I bought a NA#1 variant. I think their like a 1/20 variant and I'm sure LCDs got a ton of them. As for the Ultimates I wouldn't spend over 5.00 - 10.00 for it. Now does anyone know if they're making a second version of this New Avengers #1?

Now they are. Wait a few years and you will practically be able to give them away. Manufactured collectables never hold the high prices they initially fetch for long. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Im gonna get all 6 variants then sell em in a set to finance my new collecting goal!

My LCS had the Ultimates variant at $45. I'll pass on that one. I wonder their reasoning behind that though. They still have the Astonishing X-men variant(wolverine cover) for $35.00. It will sit there for ever. Then I went to my favorite shop a little further away and they had the New Avengers variant for $9.95. I took that one. This store always seems fair priced and a pleasure to shop at.

Then I went to my favorite shop a little further away and they had the New Avengers variant for $9.95. I took that one. This store always seems fair priced and a pleasure to shop at.

Then why not make your "favorite" shop your LCS??