• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should a person pay for New Avengers #1 variant...

36 posts in this topic

I only go to the higher priced one because it less than a mile from my house. My favorite shop is a 30 minute drive.

I drive that just to go to work every day. frown.gif

I wish my morning commute was that short. frustrated.gif

I only go to the higher priced one because it less than a mile from my house. My favorite shop is a 30 minute drive.

Bah, in LA it takes you 30 minutes to go two blocks! Just get out and walk! screwy.gif

Bah, in LA it takes you 30 minutes to go two blocks! Just get out and walk! screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif I guess the fact that I'm actually traveling 18 miles in 30 min. is pretty good. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif I guess the fact that I'm actually traveling 18 miles in 30 min. is pretty good. grin.gif

I used to drive 50 miles (one-way) to work. Now, I'm only 4 miles (round-trip). cloud9.gif

I used to drive 50 miles (one-way) to work. Now, I'm only 4 miles (round-trip). cloud9.gif

It takes me an hour to get to work in the morning, about 30 miles.

It takes me an hour to get to work in the morning, about 30 miles.

You are the most devoted studio security guard there ever was. Salut!

If it was me I would just wait a while for the hype to calm down before I bought a NA#1 variant. I think their like a 1/20 variant and I'm sure LCDs got a ton of them.

My LCS said they were 1/65.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could be right...I think it's the Ultimates 2 thats a 1/20 variant.

Sorry about that wink.gif

what about the ultimate FF 13?! how rare is it?! around here no one got that cover...!!! by the way, this variant cover in b/w, are the interiors in b/w (like the ultimates n°1)?!

thanks, regardds

It's gotta be common. Two shops I've been to in the past week have loads of them. Almost looks like a 1:1 distribution. One shop was selling at cover, the other @ $5. Alot cheaper than either the NA #1 or Ultimates #1 variants.

I'm pretty sure the interior is no different than the regular version. Just the sketch cover. thumbsup2.gif

If it was me I would just wait a while for the hype to calm down before I bought a NA#1 variant. I think their like a 1/20 variant and I'm sure LCDs got a ton of them.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could be right...I think it's the Ultimates 2 thats a 1/20 variant.

Don't apologize ,you are right.

His LCS is either stupid or lying. The NA variant is 1 in 20,and is stated as such on the invoice.For every 20 copies ordered,you recieved 19 regular and 1 variant.Ratio is 19-1,not 20-1 or 65-1.

If you can't find a variant #1 for less than $10 today,just wait six months.

Don't apologize ,you are right.

His LCS is either stupid or lying. The NA variant is 1 in 20,and is stated as such on the invoice.For every 20 copies ordered,you recieved 19 regular and 1 variant.Ratio is 19-1,not 20-1 or 65-1.

If you can't find a variant #1 for less than $10 today,just wait six months.

Ya, I got to looking at Ebay and many people had it as a 1:20 ratio also. So this tells me there has to be a million of these NA#1 variant. Well not really a million but I would think it's lot based on the requirments to get the rest of the variants later on. I know they have to order like 90% of the last order on NA #1 to get any NA#2 variants which makes me think there is probaly a ton of the first one out there floating around. I'm guessing I could probly get this book for 10.00 bux less than 6 months from now but I'm really getting sick of this variant stuff. I'll just see what happens.

what about the ultimate FF 13?! how rare is it?! around here no one got that cover...!!! by the way, this variant cover in b/w, are the interiors in b/w (like the ultimates n°1)?!

thanks, regardds

It's gotta be common. Two shops I've been to in the past week have loads of them. Almost looks like a 1:1 distribution. One shop was selling at cover, the other @ $5. Alot cheaper than either the NA #1 or Ultimates #1 variants.

I'm pretty sure the interior is no different than the regular version. Just the sketch cover. thumbsup2.gif

I read something about this I think in Wizard ( yes I read something comic related once a year 27_laughing.gif) and it mentioned this being a 1:1 ratio. Now don't quote me, it's been a while back since I read it. It just stuck in my mind since I think this is the first variant for this series.

I am not sure about everyone else, but my LCS told me that they did not receive a single one of their variants, and that they had called other comic stores in South Florida and they hadn't received any either. As usual, it looks like Diamond messed up, so the variant ended up being more rare than anticipated. Of course, in the next couple of weeks, they should go ahead and ship the missing variants, and probably prices will settle down...

My LCS didn't receive Superman/Batman 15 either frown.gif They will have it next week though...

I got mine for 15 bucks. I believe it's a 1:10 as it states as such in Wizard Magazine. I took a look at the inside and it's ALL SKETCHES inside. No dialogue bubble or what naught. It's all sketches from cover to cover with a -script at the end. Just wondering for those of you who got it, do you notice quite a bit of color breaking flecks on the spine? Mine has quite a bit even when i got it in the store and every single copy is like that. Not that i have much choice cuz i live all the way out in Hong Kong and we got like wat, maybe 3 LCS in total??

I am not sure about everyone else, but my LCS told me that they did not receive a single one of their variants, and that they had called other comic stores in South Florida and they hadn't received any either. As usual, it looks like Diamond messed up, so the variant ended up being more rare than anticipated. Of course, in the next couple of weeks, they should go ahead and ship the missing variants, and probably prices will settle down...

My LCS didn't receive Superman/Batman 15 either frown.gif They will have it next week though...

My LCD claims the same thing on this variant but he did get the Superman/Batman. I was kind of wondering about this since he usualy tells me about the latest variants he has etc. This time I was wondering if he was holding out on me but now I wonder the same thing happened to him 893scratchchin-thumb.gif