• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Strange Adventures #180 - 1st Animal Man

8 posts in this topic

Hi - :hi:

Picked this up as the spine looks nice and the interior is crisp. Thinking of sending this in as my 4th coupon submission.

Major flaws I see are some minor stains on the FC (mostly visible when looking at the reverse interior cover); the largest being the one on the edge right above the monster's right foot.

I adjusted the brightness to try and show it better. You can click on either scan to get a direct link and blow it up further.

Again, my scanner is harsh on black covers; definitely not as faded as shown.

LMK what you think & thanks,

-- dave

SA_180_FC_B_zps4126b145.jpg

SA_180_BC_B_zpscf769985.jpg

I agree with both of the above. Great book, but not sure I'd spend a free ticket on it, unless you have no other options at the moment. :grin: Personally, I want the book to be at least in the $200 range on return.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I would love to have a stack of Fantastic Four #5's to send in for my coupon submission, but all I have right now are some decent SA/BA DC keys (HoS 92, BM 232, BM 251).

I know I am leaving money on the table, but I don't have raw big ticket items to send in, just some comics that would normally cost ~$50 to grade, so I am saving myself a few bucks.

If someone would like to sell me a nice high-dollar raw (who doesn't want to send it in themselves on a "free" ticket), send me a PM.

Lastly, there aren't too many SA 180's in the census (62 blues), and not too many raws that actually look good.

I was going to say 7.0. However, the scuffing on the front cover may be heightened by the scan (black covers never seem to look as good scanned), so you may get to a 7.5.