• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's 'Kingsman: Secret Service' (in theaters 2/13/15)

155 posts in this topic

With that he alienated complete sections of the audience, indeed pretty much any female I've asked who've seen it make mention of it, 'I liked it right up until...'

They won't go and see a second purely because of it, so a total misstep.

Contrasting the violence to it is a misnomer, it's extremely violent all the way through, it starts off violent, it keeps it up.

This was just ridiculously put of place.

Meanwhile ladies are making 50 Shades of Grey an $86 million dollar weekend winner at the box office. (shrug)

How people can get offended by one word and the shot of the naked female backside but not the violence is hilarious.

That's America in a nutshell.

I wouldn't say offended. I would say it felt out of place.

None of the movie was even remotely sexual and then they finished off the entire, classy affair with that little quip. lol

With that he alienated complete sections of the audience, indeed pretty much any female I've asked who've seen it make mention of it, 'I liked it right up until...'

They won't go and see a second purely because of it, so a total misstep.

Contrasting the violence to it is a misnomer, it's extremely violent all the way through, it starts off violent, it keeps it up.

This was just ridiculously put of place.

Meanwhile ladies are making 50 Shades of Grey an $86 million dollar weekend winner at the box office. (shrug)

Many women love that movie and the series of books.

This article asks the question on why American women are obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey.

Women obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey.

Me and my wife saw it the weekend after opening weekend and we both thought it was great! I will pick it up on bluray when it comes out. I agree the last line from the princess was out of place and unexpected but funny none the less.

I am interested in reading the comic collection now....is it a decent read??

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Sequel In The Works At Fox

Fans of Matthew Vaughn's spectacularly OTT take on Mark Millar's The Secret Service will be happy to hear a sequel is in the works at 20th Century Fox. The first film passed $400 Million at the global box office just this past weekend, so when you also take into account how well the movie went over with fans and (most) critics, it was really a forgone conclusion.

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Sequel In The Works At Fox

Fans of Matthew Vaughn's spectacularly OTT take on Mark Millar's The Secret Service will be happy to hear a sequel is in the works at 20th Century Fox. The first film passed $400 Million at the global box office just this past weekend, so when you also take into account how well the movie went over with fans and (most) critics, it was really a forgone conclusion.

It was an awesome movie!

I do not get it. I kept saying 'what is this nonsense?' Throughout the entire movie. Aside from a few parcore scenes and an amazing closing shot..... The movie had a few humorous spots and was otherwise completely pointless. Don't know why they would want to make a 2.

I don't see why they used rookies for the most important mission ever also how does someone learn CGI level Kung Fu in a couple months??? (without a single lesson as far as I could see)