• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's 'Kingsman: Secret Service' (in theaters 2/13/15)

155 posts in this topic

First Reactions To Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE

----------------------

So much verve & invention in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Like Bond's mischievous, foul-mouthed, psychotic cousin.

----------------------

Kingsman: The Secret Service is a blast. Audacious, hyper-violent, stylish, funny and the work of an utter madman. In the best possible way.

----------------------

If you've ever wanted to see Colin Firth go Raid-style loco on a room full of people, scored to Freebird, this is the movie for you.

----------------------

:applause:

Matthew Vaughn Talks Why He Left "Days Of Future Past' for 'Kingsman'

----------------------

"It started in a pub with Mark, and we were drunk," Vaughn revealed in an interview with IGN Movies, referring to The Secret Service's comic book writer, Mark Millar (who created the series alongside Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons). "We sort of were complaining about how spy movies had become really quite serious. We said, ‘Let's do a fun [one].’ …

Mark went off and wrote a version, and I read it. I was like, ‘ :censored: , maybe we should do this for real.’ Then he went ahead, finished the comic off. Then I was working on Days of Future Past, and I'd finished the treatment. Then the [Kingsman] -script fell out of me -- just one of those things. I remember Fox going, ‘What are you talking about?’ because the two scripts came in at the same time. I was like, ‘Aw, :censored: .’

It was a really tough decision whether to do Days of Future Past or do this. But then I was like, :censored: , somebody else is going to wake up and do a fun spy movie. Then I will have written a bloody screenplay that no one will want to make.’ So I probably made the craziest decision of my life to turn down an $800 million gorilla to do Kingsman."

----------------------