• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to Preorder the new HB Overstreet

82 posts in this topic

Since it looks like previous Overstreet supplier, Lighthouse, has flaked out a bit, I am looking for the new source for new one. Any recommendation? My LCS only has a 10% discount on books, and I think I could probably do better. I MUST have the *gasp* John Stanley Little Lulu and Tubby cover version. I think I need to get the "Direct" edtition to get that one.

037572107X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Lock is that the official cover for next year - oh I hope so, I might even take back 2% of the things I said about the BIG BIG GUIDE.

Nice cover... BUT... I'm going on record that I'm not buying at retail a copy of the '05 BBOPG unless the BIG BIG version has the market reports in it. sumo.gif If the reports are not in it then there's no urgent need to replace my '04 BBOPG, and I'll wait however long it takes to buy a used copy on Ebay.

I'm sorry to say that it is extremely unlikely that we can fit the market reports into the BB edition without cutting listings. We've reached maximum possible page count for the binding we're using, and we are very limited as to options at this point. Shame, but there it is.

Arnold

I'm sorry to say that it is extremely unlikely that we can fit the market reports into the BB edition without cutting listings. We've reached maximum possible page count for the binding we're using, and we are very limited as to options at this point. Shame, but there it is.

Arnold

Maximum page count is becoming a problem. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sorry to say that it is extremely unlikely that we can fit the market reports into the BB edition without cutting listings.

So..the Big Big version is smaller than the Small Small version... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now there's an oxymoron for ya... foreheadslap.gif

I'm sorry to say that it is extremely unlikely that we can fit the market reports into the BB edition without cutting listings. We've reached maximum possible page count for the binding we're using

15_4_102.gif

Simple solution. Just increase the maximum page count!

insane.gif

893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gifsorry.gif

No problem -- just e-mail purchasers of the BBOPG a softcopy version of the market reports. Or print them as a separate bunch of pages as an insert or attachment. Or do away with useless content like the Platinum and Victorian age comics listings and articles poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

That's what I was just thinking. Print the Market Report sepreatly and include it with the BBOPG or take out the useless Victorian Age section. I don't even know why you folks ever decided to include it. Christo_pull_hair.gif Sometimes changing things back to the way they were is not such a bad idea.

BTW: Can anyone tell me where the Victorian Age Forum has been moved? I can not for the life of me find it. Oh, woa is me! makepoint.gif

Maybe the Victorian Age Forum only communicates by Telegraph? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's not our decision to make, it's a limitation imposed by the printer. They cannot bind a spiral bound book any larger than the page count we already have. That's just the way it is. There are no viable alternatives. We simply have to maintain the count and the listings and pricing must take priority.

If you guys think that gaining a fuller understanding of the history of the medium by examining the Victorian and Platinum Ages is wasted space, you're going to *love* what's coming in the next edition. smile.gif

Arnold

You're going to go right back to comics' roots and examine the Neolithic Age?