• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 182 for your grading pleasure

7 posts in this topic

So here's the thing. I bought this from a dealer that I had swore off. I know, I know, I went back for more. Some of the books have been spot on, a nice Hulk Annual #1 even came back one notch higher. But several books have been badly overgraded, like a 9.8 (and I wasn't expecting a 9.8, hoping for a 9.6) that had numerous cover creases and some gunk stuck to the cover. But this comic, and one other I need to work on my Strange Tales run looked nice and I've never had issues with returns.

*Spoiler tags below so as to give you a chance to assess grade before having your thoughts possibly 'pre-conditioned' with all my rambling.

So this book was advertised at

And it looks like that in hand, except for...the crease on the front bottom right corner. Not terribly large but it's there, color breaking and all. Hard to imagine a book with the score above having a crease like that.

Thoughts?

Click on linked images below to zoom.

big pic front

big pic rear

MvL6jOsl.jpg

4yekThYl.jpg

Great to see some more of your books David!

9.0 IMHO! There are several spine tics visible on the front cover and the RHC and bottom LHS shows impact damage and colour breaks!