• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tintin interior for 2,100,000€

105 posts in this topic

Many artists have pieces lying around. Heritage has been selling off illustration art from the more than one estate over the last few years.

I suspect that Heritage took down a good chunk of the Martignette collection of illustration art. The press release said it was sold to a consortium who consigned it to Heritage, though I wouldn't be surprised if the consortium included one or more Heritage principals. I believe Heritage also took down all those Boris Vallejos in the early to mid-2000s from a single collection as well, and I would not doubt that something similar happened with all these Crumbs (and when I say Heritage, that could mean Halperin/Lewis Wayne or another affiliated entity as well).

With Crumb they have sold 740 pieces so they are a major seller of his work whether measured in dollars or items. Is that due to a large set of consignors or has Heritage bought out one or two large collections? I don't know.

Heritage is focused on making money and the easy money is taking the commission for auctioning items. They will buy when they see an opportunity (the Harvey Art, for example, was one large purchase) but I don't believe it's easy to know who the real consignor is just by looking at the auction listings.

That's a superb piece. My tastes run more towards a cover like that over the flyleaf illustrations that sold for a lot more.

That's a superb piece. My tastes run more towards a cover like that over the flyleaf illustrations that sold for a lot more.

With all due respect I find it to be one of the more inferior covers. I know what you mean about the flyleaf, but of the three 7 figure pieces I like tintin in America best. I wonder how that would do if sold now, I imagine it would sell for quite a bit more than it did previously given these latest data points. to me thats the best of the three.