• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Iron Man #282

9 posts in this topic

ironman_282_front_small.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.dnaelite.com/images/comics/ironman_282_front_large.jpg

ironman_282_back_small.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.dnaelite.com/images/comics/ironman_282_back_large.jpg

The issue I have with this one is the spine...

ironman_282_spine.jpg

Not sure if this is considered a defect. It runs the whole length of the book. Also what is this called and will a press help the book?

The spine issue you have with the book is not considered a true defect such as a spine roll. I believe that this phenomenon is caused during the stacking process and depending on the how the books are stacked or compiled this can effect the spine in the manner that yours displays. It should be easily pressed out but I don't believe it would be necessary.

Your best advice would be to contact Joey Post (links to his website and thread in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum are below) and request his expert opinion and recommendation.

CFP Comics and Services

I love joey post

9.4 IMHO! Couple of spine tics, bindery corners and the TRHC front cover is not as sharp for my liking. A really nice looking copy and a great book to own! (If your TRHC on the front cover was square and razor sharp I would have scored you a 9.6)

Apologies if I seem to put Joey on the spot here. lol

I guess what I should have said was,...

As Is = 9.4

Press = 9.6

But obviously Joey would be the direction to take. (thumbs u

coffeescreen.gif I didn't even catch that wonderful play on words/names!