• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Certificate

24 posts in this topic

CGC does not record pedigree on any book after 1985 (key or not).

I disagree with this stance as a pedigree is the entire collection not an elite stance against copper and early modern books in that collection one feels may sully the prestige of pedigrees. Unfortunately a large amount of Savannah books fall into this range and one day I would love to see my X-men V2 1-11 run encapuled with the pedigree noted.

though I am not holding my breath their stance will change.

occasionally a modern Winnipeg or Don Rosa book will pop up with the pedigree noted. I guess at one point they were doing it...or a few slipped through.

I think when I bought it someone told me the same thing so I went in a thread here with FAQ's or something and they said no matter the year a pedigree is a pedigree so I went with it. I looked for the post but its long gone.O well Theres certain books I never plan on letting go and thats one so I know it is what it is and maybe one day 20 years from now they will recognize it and it cant get the name it deserves on its title.

The two Suscha News raw copies I've got has the pedigree name included in the label that they stuck to the Mylar.

Its on the label of the mylar of my book as well. But I was just basing my thought on limited past experience when I received the COA with my raw books. I would say on 3 or 4 occasions prior.

After talking to the dealer, he just mentioned that I didn't request it on my order, but they will send it to me.