• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are raffles allowed here?

13 posts in this topic

1557629_10202645076184048_2042084415_n.jpg

Since I'm trying to get money asap due to College I've been thinking about doing something I used to do at the Metallica Collectors Club forum...

Basically, you open spots and people buy them for a price, when all numbers are taken the seller does a livestream and puts all the numbers on a can, then the first one you pick, that's the winner.

I would open 25 spots $20 each. Not sure if it's allowed here but first would like to ask.

Sketch covers are notorious for not selling for what you pay for them. That's not to say they are not worth every penny you spent on them. You have a very unique item and a small but growing community with a lot of art being put in front of them from different sources. Ultimately, getting a sketch cover done for re-sale is different from getting one done for yourself to keep. What you think is an awesome character may not be somebody else's favorite. Or if you do find somebody else that likes that character, they had to pay rent this week so they don't have the money to buy it off Ebay. Hard to find that one buyer at the right time sometimes, but that's all it takes. One.

Well thanks for the clarification. I already listed the sketch 3 times on Ebay and so far no luck. Didn't know these books would be hard to sell fast.

consider attempting to sell this comic in a comics forum? perhaps one with a separate sales subforum. Of course actually selling depends on pricing, but its free to list and has no fees to sell on some comic forum websites.

Sketch covers are notorious for not selling for what you pay for them. That's not to say they are not worth every penny you spent on them. You have a very unique item and a small but growing community with a lot of art being put in front of them from different sources. Ultimately, getting a sketch cover done for re-sale is different from getting one done for yourself to keep. What you think is an awesome character may not be somebody else's favorite. Or if you do find somebody else that likes that character, they had to pay rent this week so they don't have the money to buy it off Ebay. Hard to find that one buyer at the right time sometimes, but that's all it takes. One.

Are you trying to say that there may not be a large market for my Mantis, Hellcat, Devil Dinosaur or Swordsman sketch covers???

Are you trying to say that there may not be a large market for my Mantis, Hellcat, Devil Dinosaur or Swordsman sketch covers???

:roflmao:

hm