• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Begins! Let us see and envy your Clink victories.

86 posts in this topic

No and the grade will drop drastically also...

I know the SS wont be recognized but are you sure grade will go down?

Many books have been bumped going from PGX -> CGC. But you do have to worry about whether it is a gift grade for Ryan or if resto and clipped pages have been overlooked.

Many books have been bumped going from PGX -> CGC. But you do have to worry about whether it is a gift grade for Ryan or if resto and clipped pages have been overlooked.

Look at that shadow. That book was probably a CGC 8.5 /9.0

The guy who is doing most of the PGX subbing is buying CGC graded books and then regrading them and they are coming back in ridiculously high grades. Like the Avengers #4 CGC 8.5 that went to PGX 9.6

You're being kind Roy. I had it at a 7.5/8.0. Rounded top right corner, busted lower left corner. Several spine ticks, color rub, which looks even worse cause of the black on the spine.

O an holy *spoon* is that a terrible Stan sig (and I love Stan sigs)

Look at that shadow. That book was probably a CGC 8.5 /9.0

The guy who is doing most of the PGX subbing is buying CGC graded books and then regrading them and they are coming back in ridiculously high grades. Like the Avengers #4 CGC 8.5 that went to PGX 9.6

yeah, hence why I caveated by saying you have to worry if it is a ryan book. I just don't think you can equivocally say a book in a PGX holder is always graded higher than a CGC book. Though this does seem to be an example of such a book.

You're being kind Roy. I had it at a 7.5/8.0. Rounded top right corner, busted lower left corner. Several spine ticks, color rub, which looks even worse cause of the black on the spine.

O an holy *spoon* is that a terrible Stan sig (and I love Stan sigs)

I hardly looked at the book. You're probably right. I stay away from anything PGX unless I can hold it in my hand and I am 100% sure it's properly graded, and even then I rarely look at them. Can't remember the last time I bought one. gotta be close to 7 or 8 years now.

OK, who bought the Batman 139 for almost 2x GPA? (tsk)

Tell me about it.

I just went back to look again at the GPA for Batman 20.

I think it is safe to say that the usual prices for that book in that grade are between $900-$1000. I am guessing paper quality comes into play with the variance along with sheer bidding wars. The outlier is the $1655 price paid which is not even the last sale. Last sale falls back into the average. $1402 was a strong price that was paid tonight.

It was a quality book and perhaps "upgradeable" but I dropped out not wanting to go $1502. There will be another. I noticed that along with the ASM's there were no real deals tonight on Batman books. (That I wanted anyway)

ScreenShot2014-05-27at102716PM.png

There were some crazy price today. You see the Batman 50 price :o

The Bat #50 surprised me, too. $4433 for an 8.0. If it were the highest graded it would make sense, but tied for 3rd highest graded with 4 other copies? hm

The Action #63 CGC 9.0 was my old copy. Of course, it was an 8.0 when I had it. doh!

Thought I had the tec 42 cinched with a couple seconds to go. bidding @ 3.5K. Placed 5K bid but was outbid. Closed at 5101. Very upset.

Guess I forced a new GPA high on the book. If anyone here won it and wants to flip, PM me.

Thought I had the tec 42 cinched with a couple seconds to go. bidding @ 3.5K. Placed 5K bid but was outbid. Closed at 5101. Very upset.

Guess I forced a new GPA high on the book. If anyone here won it and wants to flip, PM me.

When I saw that book I thought you might be bidding. My commiserations.