• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone feel that FF 52 is undervalued?

53 posts in this topic

i think it's about right, but the SS is a more important figure in the MU. his series lasted a lot longer than any BP title. also i think a "white" alien seems more appealing than a "black" superhero from the jungle to comic book readers. but FF 52 in CGC NM- 9.2 should be valued at around $750. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I don't think BP is as important as SS. The Surfer has had some more important solo series and longer lasting... and has played a bigger role in a lot of major conflicts throughout the history of the Marvel U.

I love the Black Panther (will be buying both his statue and Surfer's) but I don't think the FF 52 is undervalued at all.

In my opinion he's just as important in the MU as the SS, and stood equally or better on his own than the SS. So, why do you feel the margin is so wide in value? It's just one of those FF things I've never understood.

sumo.gif

Seriously, FF 52 is high on my list. I think the Black Panther is underrated and the book should appreciate when Snipes does the movie in another year or two.

9.2 = $700

9.4 = $1500

9.6 = cloud9.gif

In my opinion he's just as important in the MU as the SS, and stood equally or better on his own than the SS. So, why do you feel the margin is so wide in value? It's just one of those FF things I've never understood.

FF #48 is just a way better book. Plain and simple. tongue.gif

imho FF 52 is an important book, but comparings it (the book and character) to the ones where SS appears seems to be out of propotions. SS as a solo character had more stories/issues/runs and apparently more fans...BB is more of a group character to "work well" (i know Priest's run was a great one). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also, if you look closely at the ralifications that each character has (SS = galactus, FF, epic stories, etc... BB = wakanda, a small part of avengers stories, etc...) you can see the "importance/impact" each one had in the MU history.

In the end SS tops BB in all these fields, making him a more exposed/looked out character, no?! wink.gif

but if you put FF 52 vs. FF 48 or SS 1...there isn't simply an comparisons (and i don't talk money wise, but imho i would hunt down the last 2 ones...without thinking much). grin.gif

imho FF 52 is an important book, but comparings it (the book and character) to the ones where SS appears seems to be out of propotions. SS as a solo character had more stories/issues/runs and apparently more fans...BP is more of a group character to "work well" (i know Priest's run was a great one).

586456-BP11_Bright_cover.jpg

cloud9.gif

Yeah, I don't think BP is as important as SS. The Surfer has had some more important solo series and longer lasting... and has played a bigger role in a lot of major conflicts throughout the history of the Marvel U.

I love the Black Panther (will be buying both his statue and Surfer's) but I don't think the FF 52 is undervalued at all.

Ditto. Surfer is also tied directly to Galactus, one of the greatest Marvel villains ever. FF 48 to 50 is just a much more dramatic run than FF 52 and 53, and is sooooo much bigger in scope. The plot of FF 48 to 50 isn't the best, but most of the story elements are great--Silver Surfer turning against his master is just a great idea. The Watcher's role in this made him famous, too.

FF 52 isn't undervalued. The market tends to value it more than Overstreet does, anyway, so you could make the argument that it's undervalued in the guide.

I disagree - the market is what it is. It's like ANY issue of FF is exactly flying under the radar smile.gif

Since I finally got my keeper, I'll say yes, it's EXTREMELY under-valued, and should go for double its current value.

what grade did you get?

He got Drummy's #52 CGC 9.2 White. There is a date stamp in the margin of the back cover, but the centering is absolutely perfect left/right and top/bottom and Drummy said it might be a 9.4. Check this beauty out: Link to my own personal tragedy. My sniping software was screwed up when that auction ended or that sucker might be mine now!!!

sumo.gif893censored-thumb.gif

But at least a cool dude bought it, instead of some jerkwad. flowerred.gif

Thanks man. thumbsup2.gif

IMO it's a high end 9.2(as far as most 9.2's I've seen go). I think it could have gone 9.4, based on some other 9.4's I've seen, but it would be soft. It's basically what I think(wish) all 9.2's should look like.

My snipe was actually set for $701, so I'm sure you could have found a buyer for $750 if it was tightly graded. I was thrilled to get it for $121 less than my max bid.