• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone feel that FF 52 is undervalued?

53 posts in this topic

it is very undervalued in overstreet but market value seems reasonable, amaybe a tad low

i agree with supa i think 9.2's are worth $750 and 9.4's $1500 plus

this book is tough, doesnt surface often

tchalla is the 1st black superhero, ff 52 has a classic black cover, is tough in grade and tchalla has been an integral character in the marvel universe

altho not as important as the surfer, he still is a major character

Dear Stan and Jack,

A couple of my friends were debating how great FF #52 is, so I pulled out the copy I own from my ever-loving comic box and sat down with a cup o' joe. Well, they were right! As usual Jack's art knocked me out with all the super detail, Gentleman Joe Sinnott did his usual great job of extracting all the subtle nuances from the King's pencils, and even Hammy Sam Rosen's lettering added excitement!

I think the Black Panther is the most interesting new character you've developed in quite a while! Well, at least going back as far as a month or two. I really dug how the battle with the Panther turned on the contributions of Wyatt Wingfoot, the only member of the FF's vacationing party without any superpowers! I'm still trying to figure out whether the Chieftain of the Wakandas is going to be one of the FF's greatest enemies.... or one of their closest allies!

Well, that's all for now. Needless to say, I'll be on the edge of my seat waitng for the next ish to arrive at the newstand. Oh, and one more thing.......can you make sure Karnak has plenty of Ben-Gay and ice packs around? The guy must walk around with sore hands most of the time!

Sincerely,

Red Hook

CGC College, The Internet

Dear Stan and Jack,

A couple of my friends were debating how great FF #52 is, so I pulled out the copy I own from my ever-loving comic box and sat down with a cup o' joe. Well, they were right! As usual Jack's art knocked me out with all the super detail, Gentleman Joe Sinnott did his usual great job of extracting all the subtle nuances from the King's pencils, and even Hammy Sam Rosen's lettering added excitement!

I think the Black Panther is the most interesting new character you've developed in quite a while! Well, at least going back as far as a month or two. I really dug how the battle with the Panther turned on the contributions of Wyatt Wingfoot, the only member of the FF's vacationing party without any superpowers! I'm still trying to figure out whether the Chieftain of the Wakandas is going to be one of the FF's greatest enemies.... or one of their closest allies!

Well, that's all for now. Needless to say, I'll be on the edge of my seat waitng for the next ish to arrive at the newstand. Oh, and one more thing.......can you make sure Karnak has plenty of Ben-Gay and ice packs around? The guy must walk around with sore hands most of the time!

Sincerely,

Red Hook

CGC College, The Internet

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

imho FF 52 is an important book, but comparings it (the book and character) to the ones where SS appears seems to be out of propotions. SS as a solo character had more stories/issues/runs and apparently more fans...BB is more of a group character to "work well" (i know Priest's run was a great one). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also, if you look closely at the ralifications that each character has (SS = galactus, FF, epic stories, etc... BB = wakanda, a small part of avengers stories, etc...) you can see the "importance/impact" each one had in the MU history.

In the end SS tops BB in all these fields, making him a more exposed/looked out character, no?! wink.gif

but if you put FF 52 vs. FF 48 or SS 1...there isn't simply an comparisons (and i don't talk money wise, but imho i would hunt down the last 2 ones...without thinking much). grin.gif

Well, you would say that Pedro...you just bought a CGC copy of FF #48... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

imho FF 52 is an important book, but comparings it (the book and character) to the ones where SS appears seems to be out of propotions. SS as a solo character had more stories/issues/runs and apparently more fans...BB is more of a group character to "work well" (i know Priest's run was a great one). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also, if you look closely at the ralifications that each character has (SS = galactus, FF, epic stories, etc... BB = wakanda, a small part of avengers stories, etc...) you can see the "importance/impact" each one had in the MU history.

In the end SS tops BB in all these fields, making him a more exposed/looked out character, no?! wink.gif

but if you put FF 52 vs. FF 48 or SS 1...there isn't simply an comparisons (and i don't talk money wise, but imho i would hunt down the last 2 ones...without thinking much). grin.gif

Well, you would say that Pedro...you just bought a CGC copy of FF #48... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

27_laughing.gif, no seriouslly, if i had to chose to buy the 48 or the 52 i would go for the 48, due to the reasons i've stated (and i like BB character), but come on, you've got the SS, the galactus, the FF and one of the best stories ever told on the house of ideas...52 is a very good comic laugh.gif, no doubt, but 48, come on, it's a master-piece!!! cloud9.gif

ok, first things first.. this is a real fan letter I'm not a word wizard like Red Hook, so I could not have made this up...

Read it and you'll appreciate Hook's efforts even more thumbsup2.gif

Dear Stan and Jack,

How could I ever describe the feeling of pure ecstasy that fills ever fiber of my being when I run breathlessly to the drug store where I buy my comic books and see the greatest of the greats, namely FF, Spider-man and Thor. Actually to get down to business FF 52 was really fantastic. The Black Panther is one of your better characters much superior to run-of-the-mill super-space-villains like Galactus .

Having the strongest of your heroes get airsick is something only Marvel could do, and I personally loved it. The thing that really crowned the story was an ordinary man like Wyatt Wingfoot save everybody. In closing, I would like to say, as many have said before me, make mine Marvel !

Darryl Miller

Rhode Island

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

ok, first things first.. this is a real fan letter I'm not a word wizard like Red Hook, so I could not have made this up...

Dear Stan and Jack,

How could I ever describe the feeling of pure ecstasy that fills ever fiber of my being when I run breathlessly to the drug store where I buy my comic books and see the greatest of the greats, namely FF, Spider-man and Thor. Actually to get down to business FF 52 was really fantastic. The Black Panther is one of your better characters much superior to run-of-the-mill super-space-villains like Galactus .

Having the strongest of your heroes get airsick is something only Marvel could do, and I personally loved it. The thing that really crowned the story was an ordinary man like Wyatt Wingfoot save everybody. In closing, I would like to say, as many have said before me, make mine Marvel !

Darryl Miller

Rhode Island

You know what's a little bit creepy? I read FF 52 yesterday before I wrote the letter, and I never even looked at the actual letters page. 893whatthe.gif I gotta' find a new hobby! insane.gif

Dear Stan and Jack,

Darryl Miller

Rhode Island

You know what's a little bit creepy? I read FF 52 yesterday before I wrote the letter, and I never even looked at the actual letters page. 893whatthe.gif I gotta' find a new hobby! insane.gif

Buddy...looking at a the letters page of a comic will not show you letters about said comic grin.gif

The above letter is from #54.... I was steam-pressing it just now when I looked at the letters page and found the above gem tongue.gif

Dear Stan and Jack,

Darryl Miller

Rhode Island

Of course that's the real reason to buy FF 52. The first appearance of Wyatt Wingfoot! hail.gif

you paid $230 for a cgc 9.0 ff 52................great buy, ive seen em sell for $300to 400 on cgc 9.0

cna u post a scan??

Thanks! Umm, I'll see if I have the scan at home. It's a pretty solid 9.0 - solid spine. It's not an "undergraded" 9.0.

I bought a FF 52 CGC 9.0 for $230 - did I get a deal? confused.gif

Yep!

Which reminds me...my copy of FF 52 is absolutely the biggest E-Bay steal I've ever gotten. I bet I NEVER get as lucky as I did on that copy again--$750 "buy-it-now" on a 9.6! cloud9.gif

Apologies go out to the fellow forumites I narrowly beat to the punch on that one. blush.gif

Which reminds me...my copy of FF 52 is absolutely the biggest E-Bay steal I've ever gotten. I bet I NEVER get as lucky as I did on that copy again--$750 "buy-it-now" on a 9.6! cloud9.gif

Apologies go out to the fellow forumites I narrowly beat to the punch on that one. blush.gif

How many times is it that you have mentioned that on the boards now? tongue.gif