• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the packaging of comics?

8 posts in this topic

Maybe I am alone in this and that is fine. I don't mind being the only one. I speak my mind on everything and do not bite my tongue. But it really aggravates me when someone either charges a lot of money for shipping or wraps the freakin comic so much that it takes me 15 minutes to get to the comic. Jerry Weist for example sold great comics but he charged like $20 or shipping for one non CGC comic. I asked him why so much and he was like because I package the comic really professionally. I use very expensive tape and expensive sturdy boxes. Ladies and gentlemen, when I get my comic in the mail, I am not going to take the comic out and throw it away and put the packaging in a mylar and put it in my safe. All I expect for unslabbed comics are for the comic to be put between two sturdy pieces of cardboard and taped on all four sides and put in a priority mail envelope. That costs $5 in Maryland where I live. For CGC books, you can put it in a priority box which costs a little more. Packaging comics should not be rocket science people. There have been times, it took me 15 minutes to get all the off. And what is with those little white styrofoam peanuts that fall all over the place!!!!!!!! This has been another Bo Hogg rant by your friend Bo Hogg!! smile

Maybe I am alone in this and that is fine. I don't mind being the only one. I speak my mind on everything and do not bite my tongue. But it really aggravates me when someone either charges a lot of money for shipping or wraps the freakin comic so much that it takes me 15 minutes to get to the comic. Jerry Weist for example sold great comics but he charged like $20 or shipping for one non CGC comic. I asked him why so much and he was like because I package the comic really professionally. I use very expensive tape and expensive sturdy boxes. Ladies and gentlemen, when I get my comic in the mail, I am not going to take the comic out and throw it away and put the packaging in a mylar and put it in my safe. All I expect for unslabbed comics are for the comic to be put between two sturdy pieces of cardboard and taped on all four sides and put in a priority mail envelope. That costs $5 in Maryland where I live. For CGC books, you can put it in a priority box which costs a little more. Packaging comics should not be rocket science people. There have been times, it took me 15 minutes to get all the off. And what is with those little white styrofoam peanuts that fall all over the place!!!!!!!! This has been another Bo Hogg rantrant by your friend Bo Hogg!! :)

I agree with this one. I have had tape stuck to the comic due to heavy handed packaging. I curse about this one all the time. If you are going to spend $20 on mailing then put it in Mylar with a Time Extender and buffered backer board. If you sell as a cheap lot then put it in a box with taped corners. :applause:

I cherish a well-packaged book. I enjoy the slow reveal of a 20-foot long piece of bubble wrap as it slowly unwinds to give me brief glimpses of the beauty waiting to be exposed. I love a well-placed piece of tape that secures the book with no chance for exposing a corner during shipment. I really love a perfectly-sized box with sturdy sides and smooth, undamaged card board. I think the workmanship of the perfectly-wrapped comic is a joy to behold.

I think $20 for shipping is goofy, but if somebody wants to wrap the comic in extra layers of bubble wrap, no problem here. I'll just fold up the bubble wrap and consider it a bonus because I can use it as material when I sell stuff in the future.

I think $20 for shipping is goofy, but if somebody wants to wrap the comic in extra layers of bubble wrap, no problem here. I'll just fold up the bubble wrap and consider it a bonus because I can use it as material when I sell stuff in the future.

Always recycle packaging, especially bubble wrap. :headbang:

I cherish a well-packaged book. I enjoy the slow reveal of a 20-foot long piece of bubble wrap as it slowly unwinds to give me brief glimpses of the beauty waiting to be exposed. I love a well-placed piece of tape that secures the book with no chance for exposing a corner during shipment. I really love a perfectly-sized box with sturdy sides and smooth, undamaged card board. I think the workmanship of the perfectly-wrapped comic is a joy to behold.
You must have loved the two boxes I shipped you last summer.