• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I'm winning!

50 posts in this topic

I was thinking it was a Child Apocalypse. I dont know too much about the character, but I figure he had to be a child at some point 2c

The look was definitely a little "off" - if they had given him more of the comic chin/cheekbone look, then it would have been more obvious to the comic book crowd. For the non CBC - just another person (hence the girl comments).

As for the omission of Stan (and my son was looking everywhere in the movie for him) - one of the reasons I saw was that the filming was mainly in Europe. Much tougher for the seasoned Stan to make that trip (he is in his 90s).

though- they could have shot something for him locally and fit him in somehow,,,,,,

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/05/stan-lee-explains-didnt-cameo-x-men-days-future-past.html

I think that he was not in X2 for similar reasons (location)

So, I was minding my own business at home today. Just playing in the yard with my dogs. When my wife comes out and says to me, "wanna go see the new X-Men movie tonight?"

I laughed and said, "okay, what did you do this time?"

She said, "I just thought we could go see it. I didn't do a damn thing. Geesh".

I said sure.

We went to the 9:55 Pm showing. We were the only ones in the entire screening. We were alone.

The movie pretty much sucked, although it was cool seeing Quicksilver do his thing. He is much faster than Flash has been portrayed on screen. But he had only a small part in this movie.

Other than that. Same ole-same ole.

I don't know if I am just getting used to these modern superhero movies, or if they are rushing them out with dazzling special effects and not paying attention to the story.

I just know that ASM 2 and this X-Men DOFP weren't that good.

Two questions for y'all.

Did Stan Lee have a part in this moive?

What the heck was that trailer about, after the credits? I just didn't recognize anything about it.

I am not sure if you are kidding or not but the after credit scene was Apocalypse building his chamber with the four horsemen in the back ground

Agree......

As for the spoiler part, I thought he looked aweful, but I liked the other part you mentioned.

I didn't see the movie just yet but I neighbor and I were talking about it and he asked me who the new female villain was in the end credits scene. That did not sound promising for the design of one of my favorite villains.

Exactly what I saw. A powerful female in ancient Egypt. I have no clue who that is supposed to be.

My wife asked me, "who is she?". When I told her I don't know. She was astonished. (shrug)

Well, you've only read 10 comics in the past 45 years, right?

Comics books coming to life on the big screen and making kids and grownups awe at the wonder of such a thing ever coming to light.

Books jumping up in value so people can flip books to make a living and feed their families.

Making this industry so awesome that cons and events at LCS are that much more fun to attend.

You're right these movies do suck.

:eyeroll:

I don't understand, what do you think you're winning?

I think he means he's winning his wife over, as in turning her onto comic books or at least the movies.

I didn't see the movie just yet but I neighbor and I were talking about it and he asked me who the new female villain was in the end credits scene. That did not sound promising for the design of one of my favorite villains.

I don't know anything about Apocalypse either. I had to ask the person sitting next to me who it was. (shrug)

I guess I never read X-factor #6.

Age of Apocalypse happens to be a fan-favorite X-Men event. I haven't read it yet either but plan to some time. Apparently he's risen to be among the top 10 if not 5 best X-Men villains.

Comics books coming to life on the big screen and making kids and grownups awe at the wonder of such a thing ever coming to light.

Books jumping up in value so people can flip books to make a living and feed their families.

Making this industry so awesome that cons and events at LCS are that much more fun to attend.

+1

This is not a very intelligent comment. And beside being acritical, it is sarcastic, too.

I can’t imagine anything badder… lol

This is not a very intelligent comment. And beside being acritical, it is sarcastic, too.

I can imagine something badder:

d1dd7j2.gif

Roy did you not watch the 90s cartoon? Apocalypse was a huge part of it. Also the 90s books. Same with Mr. Sinister. My two favorite x-villains

Nope.

I pretty much disconnected from media for the better part of the 1990s. No grunge music, no television, no radio, no movies. Missed it all.

But it sure was fun hearing Foo Fighters and Alice in Chains for the first time after the 1990's were gone!

You're so edgy.

People flip Avengers 55s and Peter Poundwithfist variants to feed their families? Interesting.

People flip Avengers 55s and Peter Poundwithfist variants to feed their families? Interesting.

Peter Poundwithfist? Don't they keep that next to the Hustler issues?

Peter Poundwithfist? Don't they keep that next to the Hustler issues?

Laugh if you must, but I feed my family flipping Hustlers.