• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st goal of 2005 is....

52 posts in this topic

Detective Comics 225, as I have really been getting into the Martian Manhunter. I was totally blown away by his transformation into the "Burning Martian" from the JLA files. When you have been collecting for as long as I have(minus my recent hiatus of course), one begins to explore charecters that have not been really discovered yet, and in the case of the Manhunter...heck, he's been around since 1955!!!! So, since I've accomplished the majority of my Marvel goals, it's time to explore other key's and 1st app.

Norin, I have hardly no modern books. The BA keys are done-you name it, most likely I've got it. The concentration has been SA before my recent hiatus. As far as complete runs..

SIlver Surfer vol.1

Giant Size Marvel

Werewolf by Night

Tomb of Dracula

Man-Thing(hey I like it)

Swamp Thing vol.1

Conan the Barbarian vol.1

Frankenstien Monster

....and many, many more keys and 1st app., still in the aquire mode, as it will be 15 years minimum before any liquidating is done.

Now, if anyone wants my Image collection...make me an offer!!!! They do apparently start the Modern Age!!!!

Cool thread,

my goal is to complete my Avengers 100-199 (already have 200 and most of 300-402 done) and to get my Thor run from 200-299 done. Almost half way there as of this post. Third goal, and probably most attainable, finish the Miller run on Daredevil, alreadt over half way done.

Detective Comics 225, as I have really been getting into the Martian Manhunter. I was totally blown away by his transformation into the "Burning Martian" from the JLA files. When you have been collecting for as long as I have(minus my recent hiatus of course), one begins to explore charecters that have not been really discovered yet, and in the case of the Manhunter...heck, he's been around since 1955!!!! So, since I've accomplished the majority of my Marvel goals, it's time to explore other key's and 1st app.

At one time, many moons ago, Detective # 225 & Showcase # 4 were competing for "First Silver Age" statis. It is well worth collecting. What condition are you looking to find this book in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1. sell of what I dont want to afford more bronze age marvel original art 2. catch up on my reading with cheap trades 3. continue to pick up cheap fillers for my reading runs 4. maybe fill a hole or two in the golden age collection 5 re-organize so I know what the heck I do have and am still missing

I've already started my two main goals for 2005:

1. Read "War and Peace."

2. Find a new job.

As for comic-related goals:

1. Get more Jumbo comics.

2. Get more Batmans in the 101-149 range.

If the new job happens, the goals change to:

1. Finish the Sky Girl Jumbo run: 69-130; and

2. Get Batman 101-149 (and 158, but Blazing Bob has one I'll probably buy) so I have Batman 101 to present.

Sell, sell, sell (modern books).

And use the money to buy a high grade SA/BA key.

You are going to need to sell a rather large quantity of modern books to do that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It really depends on which/how many moderns he has... wink.gifgrin.gif

a few USM white (or even regular covers), 30 days of night 1st print, a few NYX 3 well slabbed...and his coll. of silver/bronze will get a big push!!! thumbsup2.gif

You are going to need to sell a rather large quantity of modern books to do that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

a few USM white (or even regular covers), 30 days of night 1st print, a few NYX 3 well slabbed...and his coll. of silver/bronze will get a big push!!! thumbsup2.gif

I have a few full sets of USM plus some modern 9.8/9.9/10.0s I am going to sell. Plus a Bongo lot, a Crossgen lot, and several other modern runs. And I may part with some of my original art. frown.gif

I have a few full sets of USM plus some modern 9.8/9.9/10.0s I am going to sell. Plus a Bongo lot, a Crossgen lot, and several other modern runs. And I may part with some of my original art. frown.gif

What are the details of your "Crossgen lot"?

Having completed my "reading run" of Thor last year and having taken this year off, next year I'm dedicating the majority of my comic book collecting resources to completing a "reading run" or Daredevil.

What are the details of your "Crossgen lot"?

I have some high grade early issues of Ruse, Negation, Brath, Archard's Agents, Crux, Crossgen Chronicles, Customer Review Scion/Sigil/Mystic, and a Kiss Kiss Bang Bang full run.