• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX thread vs. CBCS thread...

59 posts in this topic

Got this in an email today. Who is CCS? I don't know as I have never had a book pressed. Does it usually cost this much?

"CCS On-site Pressing at

Wizard World Philadelphia

CCS is offering on-site comic book pressing at Wizard World Philadelphia, June 19–21 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

On-site pressing tier pricing:

• Modern (comics 1975–present, valued $200 or less) — $20

• Economy (comics valued $500 or less) — $60

• Standard (comics valued $1,000 or less) — $85

• Express (comics valued $3,000 or less) — $130

• WalkThru (comics any value) — 2.5% FMV, min. $250

Space is limited, so make sure to submit your books to us as soon as possible."

Matt Nelson, CGC bought his pressing services

Well the timing is a bit strange with the lock, you can say that thread had already run its course well before. There was also lots of speculation with regards to fallout if CGC locked it. I honestly understand both sides, why they locked it, and why they shouldn't care.

This is the way I see it, right or wrong who knows. I would surmise CGC considers CBCS a very credible threat now. CGC will still have supporters, I myself am not completely abandoning them but I will try CBCS. Ultimately CGC had plenty of time to make changes, TaT. service, whatever the case, several complaints and concerns have been voiced. For whatever reason it wasn't done. Maybe it wasn't possible,whatever. I still like CGC, I will continue to use them sparingly. ( i dont grade lots of books to begin with)

Personally though, if I see CGC make some changes in the very near future especially with regards to TaT's and customer service, I will be a little bitter to be completely honest, THAT would bother.

I would still like to commend CGC, as of now, they are still handling themselves excellently. They are in as close to a no win situation as possible. Don't make changes, made changes too late, whatever. For that reason alone they have my respect.

It's kind of like Lebron James, they judge his decisions on the results which isn't fair. It was a great pass or he should have been selfish, whatever. CGC will be judged by what happens next not whats happening now so props to them for having that to deal with and still operating. But I'm still going to point out, they've had years to address their shortcomings, years. The next few months will be VERY interesting.

Someone fill me in. what makes a good Friday thread. I don't get the deal, Friday threads have this status. When I joined this site, I just wanted to talk comics and buy them. Now I'm being pulled into black hole which are the boards, bickering, personal attacks, vendetta, basically like kindergarden, but I digress. What is this stigma with these "magical" Friday threads????

When hanging out at your ex-girlfriend's house, the best way to get booted is to start talking about how great you new girlfriend is.

That's normally a ploy to ditch the new girlfriend... and go out with her best friend!

Keep the new girlfriend. Go to her best friends house afterwards. Then visit the ex on the way home. 2c

Or bring them all to your place, and...

Someone fill me in. what makes a good Friday thread. I don't get the deal, Friday threads have this status. When I joined this site, I just wanted to talk comics and buy them. Now I'm being pulled into black hole which are the boards, bickering, personal attacks, vendetta, basically like kindergarden, but I digress. What is this stigma with these "magical" Friday threads????

Not every thread started on a Friday is a Friday-thread.

:)

-slym

When hanging out at your ex-girlfriend's house, the best way to get booted is to start talking about how great you new girlfriend is.

That's normally a ploy to ditch the new girlfriend... and go out with her best friend!

Keep the new girlfriend. Go to her best friends house afterwards. Then visit the ex on the way home. 2c

Now that's stamina!

-slym

ok.....but what is a "friday thread" something thats controversial? creates a ton of dialogue? What?

-slym

ok.....but what is a "friday thread" something thats controversial? creates a ton of dialogue? What?

The Mods take the weekend off so a 'Friday thread' is a free for all where the lunatic fringe let their hair down and hope to be still standing come Monday evening.

Do we know when CBCS actually launches?

Formally launches for public submission in July.

"Like" their FB page for information.

-slym

The Mods take the weekend off so a 'Friday thread' is a free for all where the lunatic fringe let their hair down and hope to be still standing come Monday evening.

thank you

Got this in an email today. Who is CCS? I don't know as I have never had a book pressed. Does it usually cost this much?

"CCS On-site Pressing at

Wizard World Philadelphia

CCS is offering on-site comic book pressing at Wizard World Philadelphia, June 19–21 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

On-site pressing tier pricing:

• Modern (comics 1975–present, valued $200 or less) — $20

• Economy (comics valued $500 or less) — $60

• Standard (comics valued $1,000 or less) — $85

• Express (comics valued $3,000 or less) — $130

• WalkThru (comics any value) — 2.5% FMV, min. $250

Space is limited, so make sure to submit your books to us as soon as possible."

Matt Nelson, CGC bought his pressing services

Matt Nelson, who is he? (shrug)